Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw

Featured Replies

What you are saying is quite true, but who blinks first? Conner pitching for NCC is a win for NCC and they move on if Etscheid isn't pitching for Ryle. The same goes for Ryle if they pitch Etscheid and NCC doesn't pitch Conner, it's a win for Ryle. So who blinks first? You got to win on Monday to play on Tuesday....

 

So what coach is willing to lose a game with their ace on the bench and then take the grief from the fans, the school, and even your own players?

 

The other 7 teams in this tourney will have to throw their ace to have a slight chance at beating CCH. I will ask you again TOG or whoever, if this is your feeling, why shouldn't CCH throw Isler? What will be said if St. Henry comes up with the upset and Ice does not throw?

 

I agree Coop, Baseball is a funny game and strange things can happen! :popcorn:

  • Replies 83
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record....

 

Beechwood beat HHS at HHS without throwing Smith a couple weeks ago. I will be surprised if Smith starts this game. I know in the post season everyone is 0 and 0. I am just throwing it out there.

 

Did Head or Sainola pitch for HHS? Big difference for HHS if those two aren't pitching for the Bluebirds.

The other 7 teams in this tourney will have to throw their ace to have a slight chance at beating CCH. I will ask you again TOG or whoever, if this is your feeling, why shouldn't CCH throw Isler? What will be said if St. Henry comes up with the upset and Ice does not throw?

 

I agree Coop, Baseball is a funny game and strange things can happen! :popcorn:

 

If St. Henry beats CC, then it will be a national day of mourning in Park Hills. It will be a victory for SH if they don't get run-ruled.

The other 7 teams in this tourney will have to throw their ace to have a slight chance at beating CCH. I will ask you again TOG or whoever, if this is your feeling, why shouldn't CCH throw Isler? What will be said if St. Henry comes up with the upset and Ice does not throw?

 

I agree Coop, Baseball is a funny game and strange things can happen! :popcorn:

 

BECAUSE KRUMME IS JUST AS GOOD AS ANY PITCHER THAT ANYONE ELSE HAS IN THE REGION BESIDES A SELECT 4 OR 5! ST. HENRY IS THE WEAKEST TEAM IN THE REGION, WHILE CCH HAS THE BEST BATS TO WIN THE GAME!

 

 

It's that simple. That's why they don't throw Isler. CCH's situation is COMPLETELY different from every other team. Cmon Coachg, can you not see that? :ohbrother:

The other 7 teams in this tourney will have to throw their ace to have a slight chance at beating CCH. I will ask you again TOG or whoever, if this is your feeling, why shouldn't CCH throw Isler? What will be said if St. Henry comes up with the upset and Ice does not throw?

 

I agree Coop, Baseball is a funny game and strange things can happen! :popcorn:

 

 

Lets see if CovCath throws Nutini against St. Henry you are throwing a pitcher who has only lost to Boone County at Boone County and to #8 (at the time) Louisville St. Xavier at St. X two pretty good hitting teams. Nutini has beaten Highlands, Ryle, #10 Franklin County, NCC, Tied #8 LexCath at LexCath and Holmes.

 

Now if CovCath throws Krumme he is 7-0 with wins over: Scott (kenton), Bishop Brossart, Boone, #1 Lexington Christian, Clark County, Highlands, and Dixie.

 

So why throw Isler if you don't have to?

 

Do you honestly think CovCath needs to throw Isler with those two behind Ice?

Isler would be the first to say that one of his teammates should start vs. St H. Definitely see no way Ice waits til game 3 since NC is a solid team and the defending champ, beat CC last year and Ryle has played CC close 3 times.

I was just throwing out a "what if" scenario, not that it really matters since they'll never go to a seeded tournament anyways. My point is that it's just kind of a shame that the #1, #2, and #3 seeds are on the same side of the bracket. Such is life. I know there are people that will come up with the "you have to beat the best if you want to be the best" mantra, but that doesn't apply quite as well in baseball as it does in basketball, football, etc... because one player (pitcher) in baseball can change the entire complexion of a team.

 

At the end of the day, someone is going to have to step up big time if they want to knock off CCH. Probably not all that likely, but certainly not impossible either.

 

I'm not sure where your getting your seeds from. Obviously, CCH is the #1 seed. After that you could have 4 or 5 of the teams at #2, 3, 4 or 5. How would you determine the seeding? By their records? If that's the case then someone could be 2nd in their district and still be the second seed. That's why I feel the way it's done is the best way.

I do not think CCH needs to throw Ice to win this game. I am just saying what if....

 

Nobody thought CCH would lose last year neither. Maybe the 3rd time is a charm. Strange things have happened in the post season. Good Luck!

Seems funny, (but it really isn't) that the only Region that hasn't posted their draw to the KHSAA Score Board is the good old 9th Region! The Ninth Region draw has been completed since Saturday Morning.

 

They just have just been posted!

What you are saying is quite true, but who blinks first? Conner pitching for NCC is a win for NCC and they move on if Etscheid isn't pitching for Ryle. The same goes for Ryle if they pitch Etscheid and NCC doesn't pitch Conner, it's a win for Ryle. So who blinks first? You got to win on Monday to play on Tuesday....

 

So what coach is willing to lose a game with their ace on the bench and then take the grief from the fans, the school, and even your own players?

 

TOG, I agree with your assesment. You must win the first game to get to the next. However, whats the difference if you lose in the first round or the second. By throwing Connor or Etscheid in the first round your pretty much lose the only chance you had at beating CCH. With Isler on the mound throwing against Connor or Etscheid CCH is still the heavy favorite. As I said earlier if Isler is on the mound for CCH I would take them over any team in the state he is that dominant.

 

But as I also said earlier, NCC has to like their chances against CCH with Connor on the mound. He was able to get the win last year in the regional finals. And again all the pressure is on CCH if they don't make it to state for the 3rd straight year after being the favorite each year.

 

Same with Ryle. They have to like their chances with Etscheid on the mound in the sense that both times he threw against CCH they lost 2 to 1. I know for a fact one of those games was against Isler I'm not sure about the other one.

 

You have to play to win the tournament. Even if you lose with your ace on the bench as a coach you should have confidence in a number 2 to get the job done. And we all know if you only have one pitcher to get you through the region it's virtually impossible. CCH had Niehaus, Nutuni, and Isler last year along with Krumme and it didn't turn out to be enough.

 

But then again it's baseball and who knows what can happen.

TOG, I agree with your assesment. You must win the first game to get to the next. However, whats the difference if you lose in the first round or the second. By throwing Connor or Etscheid in the first round your pretty much lose the only chance you had at beating CCH. With Isler on the mound throwing against Connor or Etscheid CCH is still the heavy favorite. As I said earlier if Isler is on the mound for CCH I would take them over any team in the state he is that dominant.

 

But as I also said earlier, NCC has to like their chances against CCH with Connor on the mound. He was able to get the win last year in the regional finals. And again all the pressure is on CCH if they don't make it to state for the 3rd straight year after being the favorite each year.

 

Same with Ryle. They have to like their chances with Etscheid on the mound in the sense that both times he threw against CCH they lost 2 to 1. I know for a fact one of those games was against Isler I'm not sure about the other one.

 

You have to play to win the tournament. Even if you lose with your ace on the bench as a coach you should have confidence in a number 2 to get the job done. And we all know if you only have one pitcher to get you through the region it's virtually impossible. CCH had Niehaus, Nutuni, and Isler last year along with Krumme and it didn't turn out to be enough.

 

But then again it's baseball and who knows what can happen.

 

:thumb: so very, very true!

A pitcher I would like to see throw in Regionals is Snyder from Beechwood. He hasn't thrown much this year. That could hurt the Tigers if they pull off a run in the tourny.

A pitcher I would like to see throw in Regionals is Snyder from Beechwood. He hasn't thrown much this year. That could hurt the Tigers if they pull off a run in the tourny.

 

But who would catch?

 

BTW he has done a remarkable job wearing the tools, considering from what I understand he has never caught before this year!

Any truth to the rumor that Florence PD had to come buy and get some old guy off the property? Told him to come back tomorrow morning?

Any truth to the rumor that Florence PD had to come by and get some old guy off the property? Told him to come back tomorrow morning?

 

 

Well they were nice about it....

 

I just wanted to get a good seat, cause it will be a great day to sit and watch not just one or two games, but four outstanding HS baseball games. Doesn't get any better than this, well it could be better, if my daughter were with me and not down in Murray!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.