Teacher threatened to Kill 500 in school??? Allegedly. What do you all think?

oldonetechnique

:laugh:....What I get from this, And how the world seems to be...

Quit my job, Ask my lady to quit school and not seek her wish of going into real estate, and home school my kid...:irked:

It really makes you wonder about what is going through people's minds these days.

This evening I was headed to the store with my daughter. Got off the interstate, 2 lanes exiting. After getting off right beside another car, she whips over into my lane, I swerved into the turn lane to avoid an accident and honked my horn at her. She slowed down, rolled down her window and flipped me off. I couldn't believe it. I guess the economy must have everybody on edge these days.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard the dry erase marker thing but did not want to believe it.

All of this hinged on something so trivial,,,,

I agree. Obviously, there had to be more going on for this guy to make such comments, but it is sad when a person starts to come unhinged.

First I would like to see the evidence. Because, Kids lie, Kid dont always listen fully to comments, kids are very vindictive. So I would want to see all the evidence I think suspending him until its over is good. But I would be careful to judge this guy on what we have heard. One of the big problems you face as a teacher or coach is that once accused you are labeled whether guilty or not. Hard job for 30,000 a year.

First I would like to see the evidence. Because, Kids lie, Kid dont always listen fully to comments, kids are very vindictive. So I would want to see all the evidence I think suspending him until its over is good. But I would be careful to judge this guy on what we have heard. One of the big problems you face as a teacher or coach is that once accused you are labeled whether guilty or not. Hard job for 30,000 a year.

True, and apparently they investigated it pretty thoroughly and were getting very consistent statements from several students in 2-3 different classes. I do agree that our teacher's our vastly underpaid for what we expect from them, but you still have to understand that comments like this, whether is jest or to make a point have to be investigated with the way the world is today. Sometimes kids do lie, but sometimes, they tell the truth.

Apparently he was really 'stressed' and it was triggered because someone took his 'dry erase markers'. Well, ... at least we have a reasonable cause for making potentially threatening comments. That clears it up for me!

:idunno:

I just hate when that happens, don't you? :lol:

Kids do lie, especially when and if they have it in for/do not like a teacher BUT, I personally don't take the chance on waiting for an investigation before suspending him and barring him from the school/grounds or vicinity.

I don't want to chance "waiting" to find out just to have him God forbid act out and prove the kid right. Should it be proven that a kid was lying then I look at bringing the teacher back..........along with suspending the kid/kids who manufactured the story.

I heard it was over a pink slip he got, that means he's not promised to be hired next year and one of the students ask him about it and he went crazy!!!

So, he is not promised to back hired back next school year and somehow in this sick mind the man threatens to mass murder school kids?? I think I see why he may not have been hired back:eek::D. I mean, he may have shown signs of not being "quite right" before. Obviously not to this extent but maybe some other things. Or....maybe he just wasn't a good teacher.

I do know that it is not unusual for teachers to get this notification about the following school year. I don't know if he had what is known as tenure or in other words a certain amount of years with that school system that protects them from dismissal/not to be hired back. Usually fairly new teachers automatically get one of these at the end of a current school year about the next year. I also think that I am safe in saying that it is probably not a good idea to threaten a terroristic act if you do get this notification. :ohbrother:.

So, he is not promised to back hired back next school year and somehow in this sick mind the man threatens to mass murder school kids?? I think I see why he may not have been hired back:eek::D. I mean, he may have shown signs of not being "quite right" before. Obviously not to this extent but maybe some other things. Or....maybe he just wasn't a good teacher.

I do know that it is not unusual for teachers to get this notification about the following school year. I don't know if he had what is known as tenure or in other words a certain amount of years with that school system that protects them from dismissal/not to be hired back. Usually fairly new teachers automatically get one of these at the end of a current school year about the next year. I also think that I am safe in saying that it is probably not a good idea to threaten a terroristic act if you do get this notification. :ohbrother:.

I think this was his 1st year, but I could be wrong!?

I didn't read the article but I did see the news interview he did from jail the other night. I thought he would've been much better off had he not done the interview. He only incriminated himself and admitted to many of the facts. I was thinking he should've had a lawyer ASAP before speaking like he did. Thedry erase marker thing is what provoked him according to him. He also mentioned that he doubted he would be back at Knox Ceounty Schools in the future but wants to get back into teaching soon.