Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

35th District: Beechwood vs Covington Holy Cross

Featured Replies

Heard that Roenker hurt his ankle in the Lloyd game. Not sure if he will be able to pitch in this one...I'll still take Holy Cross 3-1.

I'm hearing the same from my sources. They have been feeding me the same information.:cry:

  • Replies 50
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing the same from my sources. They have been feeding me the same information.:cry:

 

Sad, sad news. I feel terrible for the kid, he was having a good year.

I'm hearing the same from my sources. They have been feeding me the same information.:cry:

 

I am not buying this! I say AR will be just fine and we will have a great, well pitched game. JMO

I am not buying this! I say AR will be just fine and we will have a great, well pitched game. JMO

 

You're not believing that he hurt his ankle when more than one person has heard/seen otherwise?

 

I take HC 5-3.

How many people said Smith from BW broke (or very bad sprain) his ankle in a thread earlier this year? There are so many players (kids) on here any more you have to be careful what you believe. Like I put at the end- JMO.

He may have an injury, but I say there is NO way he does not pitch this game. We will see come Tuesday.

I'm hearing the same from my sources. They have been feeding me the same information.:cry:

 

Probably not going to happen as of last night. Smith was knocked unconscious by a line drive at Boone and suffered a broken eye socket and is out for the year. Roenker's ankle sore probably will not go since Smith is not pitching.

Probably not going to happen as of last night. Smith was knocked unconscious by a line drive at Boone and suffered a broken eye socket and is out for the year. Roenker's ankle sore probably will not go since Smith is not pitching.

 

What? Really?

This thread says Smith has a broken eye socket and is done for the year, another thread says xrays were fine and he will be back. Does anyone have any confirmed information on the real story.

This thread says Smith has a broken eye socket and is done for the year, another thread says xrays were fine and he will be back. Does anyone have any confirmed information on the real story.

 

There is no comfirmed information as of now. I do not know where these sources are coming from and if so, please pm me. But for all of my knowledge there is no comfirmed information.

When did all of this happen?

I don't believe any of it honestly. I think even if Roenker has a sore ankle, he'll still go, or at least give it a try and make a decision from there. There is no way he makes a decision 3 days ahead when a slight sprain might only take 3 or 4 days to get over. As for Smith, I definitely don't believe any of that.

Theoldguy up on his soapbox!

 

While I wasn't there at any of the games in question, I am hopeful that the posters are telling the truth about the injuries! If they are not and are just playing mind games, then I for one will be writing Guru to complain about members breaking rule #6.

 

We have a great community of baseball enthusiast who post to the baseball forum on a regular basic, and we don't need false or misleading information being posted thinking its going to gain an advantage for one team over another.

 

Theoldugy stepping down for his soapbox

I don't believe any of it honestly. I think even if Roenker has a sore ankle, he'll still go, or at least give it a try and make a decision from there. There is no way he makes a decision 3 days ahead when a slight sprain might only take 3 or 4 days to get over. As for Smith, I definitely don't believe any of that.

 

Smith did get hit in the eye with the ball. If his eye is open enough to see he will pitch IMO cant confirm or deny the broken socket but I did here it was his fastest pitch of the game, when he kept battling the batter and he kept fouling off his fastballs.....

Theoldguy up on his soapbox!

 

While I wasn't there at any of the games in question, I am hopeful that the posters are telling the truth about the injuries! If they are not and are just playing mind games, then I for one will be writing Guru to complain about members breaking rule #6.

 

We have a great community of baseball enthusiast who post to the baseball forum on a regular basic, and we don't need false or misleading information being posted thinking its going to gain an advantage for one team over another.

 

Theoldugy stepping down for his soapbox

 

Thanks for the apology. Story was true that Smith was hit. I spoke to A.J.'s dad Saturday night at Maifest and he said A.J. was doing good. No broken bones just lots of swelling. He also said he is not sure if A.J. will be able to pitch. This will be depend on how the swelling subsizes.

 

A.J.'s dad did want to thank everyone who has called and checked up on him.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.