Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cleveland....when will they lose their first playoff game?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they'll lose a game in the conference finals, but not before.

 

As of now, the Cavs have to be the top rated team...but, I would caution people not to get too carried away with their dominance of Detroit and now Atlanta. Simply put, those two teams aren't that good and the Hawks are missing two important pieces (Al Horford and Marvin Williams). Even with those guys I'm not sure they could win a game against Cleveland, but without them, it's even worse.

 

Boston or Orlando will push Cleveland a little harder, but ultimately, neither of those teams are good enough to beat them.

 

I expect the Cavs to lose once, maybe twice, in the conference finals.

Here's my thing....Kobe is amazing, so is LeBron, but it seems LeBron is getting better while Kobe is maintaining, I feel that LBJ will leave Kobe behind him, and put himself in a Top 3 discussion....MJ, LBJ, and there will be fodder for conversation for #3....

 

:thumb:

 

I agree. I think the two are closer right now than some people do, but I'm with you on the career arc. You can argue who is better right now (I think Lebron is), but it is as you say...Kobe is at his peak, Lebron isn't and he could possibly improve quite a bit more.

 

I think Lebron's defense is much better than in the past...that's not the advantage it once was for Kobe in this discussion. Kobe's biggest advantage is his perimeter game and the wide array of moves in his offensive arsenal.

 

More on this later, perhaps...

:thumb:

 

I agree. I think the two are closer right now than some people do, but I'm with you on the career arc. You can argue who is better right now (I think Lebron is), but it is as you say...Kobe is at his peak, Lebron isn't and he could possibly improve quite a bit more.

 

I think Lebron's defense is much better than in the past...that's not the advantage it once was for Kobe in this discussion. Kobe's biggest advantage is his perimeter game and the wide array of moves in his offensive arsenal.

 

More on this later, perhaps...

 

I don't think Kobe is at his peak. I think that was either last year or with in the last couple years. He's much more of a jump shooter now than he was before. I'm not knocking him at all. He's played a ton of games and he's just not the explosive athlete he was. He's still very explosive, just not what he once was.

 

On the matter of the two, I will stick with this: Kobe better now, history will ultimately show that Lebron is better by end of their respective careers. Regardless of whether he has more rings.

 

I agree completely here.

Kobe is no spring chicken, either, and the torch is being passed accordingly. Like LeBron, he came in to the league out of high school, Kobe has played in 5 NBA final series, and Kobe was in this year's Olympics, essentially eliminating his off season.

 

As to this thread, I think Cleveland will drop 2 or 3 games in route to the Finals. If anyone has followed the Hawks this season, they have been horrendous on the road, but solid at home. Orlando does present a solid challenge, a team in which Cleveland struggled with this season. Lewis is a big athletic type that does a solid job on LeBron.

Kobe is no spring chicken, either, and the torch is being passed accordingly. Like LeBron, he came in to the league out of high school, Kobe has played in 5 NBA final series, and Kobe was in this year's Olympics, essentially eliminating his off season.

 

As to this thread, I think Cleveland will drop 2 or 3 games in route to the Finals. If anyone has followed the Hawks this season, they have been horrendous on the road, but solid at home. Orlando does present a solid challenge, a team in which Cleveland struggled with this season. Lewis is a big athletic type that does a solid job on LeBron.

 

If Joe Johnson misses the home games it's over in 4. They're too beat up to win one. If everyone was healthy I think they would have won at least one at home. As it is I think it's 4-0. Orlando or Boston will win 1 possibly 2. Denver will win 2 and if they play the Lakers it's either a 6 or 7 game series w/ the winner being a toss up IMO.

If Joe Johnson misses the home games it's over in 4. They're too beat up to win one. If everyone was healthy I think they would have won at least one at home. As it is I think it's 4-0. Orlando or Boston will win 1 possibly 2. Denver will win 2 and if they play the Lakers it's either a 6 or 7 game series w/ the winner being a toss up IMO.
And the Cavs have home court advantage.
And the Cavs have home court advantage.

 

The same home court where the Los Angeles Lakers were the only team to beat the Cavs on at full strength? Is that the home court you're talking about? :D

The same home court where the Los Angeles Lakers were the only team to beat the Cavs on at full strength? Is that the home court you're talking about? :D

The exact same one.

LBJ's game has improved so much that Skip Bayless had to resort to calling him a showboat just to criticize him. Skip has for years, picked apart LeBron's game, and James is giving him very little ammo to talk about. I love it because Bayless is more critical of LeBron than I am of Kobe.

 

Either way Cavs lose 2 or 3 games before the finals.

LBJ's game has improved so much that Skip Bayless had to resort to calling him a showboat just to criticize him. Skip has for years, picked apart LeBron's game, and James is giving him very little ammo to talk about. I love it because Bayless is more critical of LeBron than I am of Kobe.

 

Either way Cavs lose 2 or 3 games before the finals.

Skip is a hateful person, but he has brought up some solid points in the past about LeBron's game and in what respects he lacks... In fairness, he has also given him a lot of credit for improving this season. The showboat criticism, while somewhat legit, is not that big of a deal and just Skip being Skip... which is a jerk.

And the Cavs have home court advantage.

 

But the Lakers have the guy who in his career has taken and hit meaningful playoff shots. The Cavs have a freak of nature that has had huge games in the playoffs but not terribly huge last 30 seconds of games.

But the Lakers have the guy who in his career has taken and hit meaningful playoff shots. The Cavs have a freak of nature that has had huge games in the playoffs but not terribly huge last 30 seconds of games.

 

Examples? Kobe's big shots in the playoffs? Multiple Game winners? Sure he plays well down the stretch of games but so does LBJ, DWade and others. If you are going to down LBJ, give examples of Kobe's big playoff moments.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.