Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cleveland....when will they lose their first playoff game?

Featured Replies

Cats opinion on the matter if clearly tainted IMO. He is an admitted Kobe hater. If you want to make an argument for Lebron being better then so bet, you can make a case, but to say he is head and shoulders better than Kobe is laughable at best.

 

I've never figured out how it is that Kobe haters' opinions can be discounted, but those who are just absolutely in love with the guy can be trusted as speaking the gospel truth.

 

On the matter of the two, I will stick with this: Kobe better now, history will ultimately show that Lebron is better by end of their respective careers. Regardless of whether he has more rings.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait till the Finals so we can settle this debate. If the they both make it. Denver is playing very very well. Lets be honest, the EAST is pretty awful, wish the Lakers had that cake walk to the finals.

 

The Lakers have a much easier opponent in the conference finals then the Cavs will, but the Rockets are much tougher than the Hawks.

The Lakers have a much easier opponent in the conference finals then the Cavs will, but the Rockets are much tougher than the Hawks.

 

That's crazy Denver is arguably playing the best ball of anyone in the playoffs right now.

The Cavs may not lose until the NBA Finals.

 

I am going to go out on a limb though. I think the Cavs will lose one of the upcoming games in Atlanta. The Hawks play really well at home. Plus, Atlanta is one of the biggest distractions as a city for visiting NBA teams in the league...I look for Cleveland to look unfocused in one of these games and allow the Hawks to get a fairly convincing victory (10 to 15 points).

I've never figured out how it is that Kobe haters' opinions can be discounted, but those who are just absolutely in love with the guy can be trusted as speaking the gospel truth.

 

On the matter of the two, I will stick with this: Kobe better now, history will ultimately show that Lebron is better by end of their respective careers. Regardless of whether he has more rings.

 

Because I am not biased. :D I don't hate Lebron so I can see it from both side. just because I am a HUGE Kobe fan doesn't mean I can't see the truth. As much as it pains me to say this I agree, it's clear that if Lebron keeps going the way he is going he will be better than Kobe some day. The one thing he might not ever get that Kobe has is the killer instinct, only time will tell.

That's crazy Denver is arguably playing the best ball of anyone in the playoffs right now.

 

Denver's system doesn't work when it plays the big guns. There is more of a chance that the Rockets beat the Lakers then Denver.

Denver's system doesn't work when it plays the big guns. There is more of a chance that the Rockets beat the Lakers then Denver.

 

I agree with that but they are playing great right now. Can't deny they are playing possibly the best basketball right now. I'm not really worried about Denver to much.

Denver's system doesn't work when it plays the big guns. There is more of a chance that the Rockets beat the Lakers then Denver.

 

Denver's system hasn't had Chauncey Billups in the playoffs either.

Who is serving all this hateraide? Lebron is a beat there is no doubt about that but I'm staying taking Kobe at the offensive end all day. Who exactly is Lebron making a ton better this year? I'd love to hear it? Who was it that said he makes Wally look good? He is having the worst year of his career statistically.

 

Wally does his job for the Cavs thats all he needs to do.

I don't see how you can say LBJ hasn't made Varajao, Mo, Delonte atleast, better. Varajao can actually contribute a little bit on the offensive end now, Mo is now an All-Star where he was a solid player before, and Delonte West is a legit starter beside LeBron now. Those players aren't any where near the level they're at now if not for LeBron. Big Z would be in a retirement home as would Big Ben and J. Smith. He is the reason Boobie Gibson has a career, remember he was undrated and LeBron finding him open 3's is the reason he was able to stick in the league. He's made everyone on his team better. Now LeBron could get hurt and the Cavs could still make the playoffs, which would not be the case had he not played with them. That isn't even arguable.

 

The Cavs may not lose until the NBA Finals.

 

I am going to go out on a limb though. I think the Cavs will lose one of the upcoming games in Atlanta. The Hawks play really well at home. Plus, Atlanta is one of the biggest distractions as a city for visiting NBA teams in the league...I look for Cleveland to look unfocused in one of these games and allow the Hawks to get a fairly convincing victory (10 to 15 points).

 

I agree here as well. I've said all along I think the Hawks steal a game.

 

Because I am not biased. :D I don't hate Lebron so I can see it from both side. just because I am a HUGE Kobe fan doesn't mean I can't see the truth. As much as it pains me to say this I agree, it's clear that if Lebron keeps going the way he is going he will be better than Kobe some day. The one thing he might not ever get that Kobe has is the killer instinct, only time will tell.

 

I wouldn't hate Kobe if it weren't for the Kobe fans I know personally. I'm not talking about anyone on here because I don't know you guys/or gals to have a legit NBA conversation with you in person. The Kobe fans I know discredit everyone else, when you can break apart anyones game that you want to. Kobe is good, but biased or not I don't think he brings the overall game that LeBron does and I don't think the two are comparable. Unbiasedly, the only two thing Kobe has on LeBron is having won a championship (will be fixed eventually) and his jumpshot. LeBron is much better at everything else. Going to the hole isn't close, defense isn't close even though Kobe is a great defender, athleticsim isn't close, passing isn't close, leadership isn't close, ball handling isn't close, rebounding isn't close. And LBJ isn't even in his prime yet, so give it two years and these comparisons will seem laughable. I love Jordan, but I really don't see a way that LeBron doesn't pass him before it's all said and done, if he stays healthy. This guy hasn't even scratched the surface of what he will be at 27 or 28 years old.

I will say one thing Kobe is a unanimous HOF. Still though, I don't think we can really place either player in an all-time spot until their careers are finished.

I hope they do play in the finals. I don't think that who ever wins will determine which player is better though. It is a team sport, and a Lakers/Cavs matchup would come down to Gasol/Odom/Bynum vs. Big Z/Varajao and Co. inside. But, make no mistake about it I want LBJ's first title to come against Kobe, if for no other reason it will spark some more long debates on BGP.

Denver's system hasn't had Chauncey Billups in the playoffs either.

 

Agreed. Denver isn't out of this thing until they are beaten. They are one of the 3 teams that could win the title. No the Magic, Celtics and Rockets do not have a shot. I figured most had already counted the Mavs and Hawks out.

Delonte, Mo, and Krusty the clown have all put up similar numbers thought their career.

Delonte, Mo, and Krusty the clown have all put up similar numbers thought their career.

 

Numbers don't tell the whole story. I''ve watched Mo alot for the past few seasons and his game is much better this season. And he was really good before he got to Cleveland. I remember when Anderson first got there he's a totally different player, and Delonte well just watch him.

LeBron is such a physical freak of nature that he is just so much fun to watch. He gets his team involved too.

That's crazy Denver is arguably playing the best ball of anyone in the playoffs right now.

 

They will win the West IMO. They're nails right now and they have the proven court leader. He will destroy Fisher and Brown. Destroy.

Because I am not biased. :D I don't hate Lebron so I can see it from both side. just because I am a HUGE Kobe fan doesn't mean I can't see the truth. As much as it pains me to say this I agree, it's clear that if Lebron keeps going the way he is going he will be better than Kobe some day. The one thing he might not ever get that Kobe has is the killer instinct, only time will tell.

 

Actually I think it helps to have a fan of both like me. Haha. Anyway until this year I thought it was Kobe..Lebron......................other people. Now I think it's Lebron.....Kobe..............................other people. I really don't know If Lebron makes the leap w/o seeing how hard Kobe prepared all summer. Kobe is great and is one of the all time greats. Lebron wil finish his career as the best or second best player ever. I'm going w/ the best though. His height, weight, and speed are sick.

 

To say that if they meet in the finals that decides who's better now is crazy talk. If you trade them for each other the Lakers are one of the best teams ever and the Cavs are a 2 seed in the East. The Lakers have more talent and a real shot to win the title this year. Kobe is their best player, but he's not as good as Lebron.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.