Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow 3 Dixie 2

Featured Replies

Who is the "ace" for Dixie?

 

Smallwood?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest thing the umpires did was call a balk on Ludlow with a guy on third letting Dixie tie it up in the top of the 7th.

 

What you should be commenting on is your varsity coach not throwing his ace. I don't care what teams play... I love it when teams don't throw their ace in an important game and it costs them. BTW what was he saving him for?

 

As I said I was not there so I did not know the validity of the statement about the umpiring.

 

I do not know what Max was saving his ace for, nor do I even know who pitched in this game but I can tell you Max has a rotation and tries to stick to it.

How do you get ejected after a game?

 

Same way you get ejected before or during a game. If an umpire is there you can be tossed.

Same way you get ejected before or during a game. If an umpire is there you can be tossed.

 

So...like on the walk thru the parking lot back to the bus...the ump grabs a kid and yells "YUR OUTTA HERE!"?? :lol:

Sorry I have just never heard of an umpire tossing someone after a game is over they usually just walk out and do not talk to anyone.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Sorry i have just never heard of an umpire tossing someone after a game is over they usually just walk out and do not talk to anyone.

 

It happens, and depending on the rules, affects the eligibility of the player or coach in the following game.

Sorry i have just never heard of an umpire tossing someone after a game is over they usually just walk out and do not talk to anyone.

 

Obviously, its highly unusual. However, its not unheard of. If the umpire is still in the vicinity and a player or coach crosses the line in their complaints they are subject to being ejected. Unfortunately, the kid now has to sit out the next game. I'm guessing that in hindsight his verbal lob wasn't worth it.

 

Simply put, you can't have an umpire be "fair game" simply because the last out has been recorded. There has to be a minimum amount of respect shown.

From what I understand (and I was not there) the umpires were not very good in this one. Not saying they lost Dixie the game because I did hear they had costly errors but one Dixie player was ejected after the game. I do not know what was said to warrant the ejection but I'm sure I'll find out in the coming days.

That doesn't warrant bad umpiring. the kid clearly said something wrong and if he truly didn't Max will fight his eligibility with the KHSAA. If Max doesn't do so the kid deserved what was handed to him.

I think the coach is affected by having to sit out a game as well. I may be wrong but I believe that is what the rule is this year.

[/u][/b]

That doesn't warrant bad umpiring. the kid clearly said something wrong and if he truly didn't Max will fight his eligibility with the KHSAA. If Max doesn't do so the kid deserved what was handed to him.

 

If the umpire ejected the kid Max can't do squat.

I think the coach is affected by having to sit out a game as well. I may be wrong but I believe that is what the rule is this year.

 

No mention of it in the current KHSAA bylaws.

If the umpire ejected the kid Max can't do squat.

 

If it is clearly wrong you ca protest it just like any other call.

If it is clearly wrong you ca protest it just like any other call.

 

Define "clearly wrong." Wrong kid? OK. That's about it. Waste of time. They will not reverse it.

Great win by Ludlow. Stansberry and Smallwood, some have told me are 1a and 1b for Dixie. I heard Stansberry threw a great game but the defense didn't back him up and obviously the offense didn't help him as well. Dixie only scored 1 on a HR I believe and the other run was balked in. I'm sure they'll meet again in the District Tourney.

Hammons was clearly the best pitcher on either of these two teams though. I'm not sure it would have mattered who pitched for Dixie.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.