Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow 3 Dixie 2

Featured Replies

The biggest thing the umpires did was call a balk on Ludlow with a guy on third letting Dixie tie it up in the top of the 7th.

 

What you should be commenting on is your varsity coach not throwing his ace. I don't care what teams play... I love it when teams don't throw their ace in an important game and it costs them. BTW what was he saving him for?

 

I love this reaction you assume the coach who has won over 500 games made this decision with nothing in mind other tHan winning a ball game. Could the kid have been sick, his arm hurting, or another reason a Coach would decide not to use him. I love that you automatically assume the coach made the wrong decision, for this game maybe (heck you don't even know you later say it wouldn't have mattered who pitched) but for the season maybe not.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this kid pitch, but those are some nice numbers both today and overall. He must be the real deal.

 

I have seen him a couple of times. He's the real deal. Throwing gas!!:D

That doesn't warrant bad umpiring. the kid clearly said something wrong and if he truly didn't Max will fight his eligibility with the KHSAA. If Max doesn't do so the kid deserved what was handed to him.

 

I never said that the kid didn't deserve to be ejected. I just stated that I did not know what he said. Don't put words in my mouth.

 

 

Hammons was clearly the best pitcher on either of these two teams though. I'm not sure it would have mattered who pitched for Dixie.

 

Hammons indeed did pitch a gem judging by what has been said on here but know that Stansberry pitched a complete game striking out 9 and giving up 0 earned runs. The defense just wasn't there. Not taking anything away from Hamons but you can't say he was clearly the best on either of the teams when Dixie's pitcher threw just as well, if not better (from an earned runs standpoint).

 

Oh and Dixie has a few aces. Smallwood, Stansberry, Chamberlain and others could all be number 1s so please don't assume Max didn't throw his ace when he could pick out of a hat and probably end up with a strong starter.

Edited by Ram

By the way the magic words were "you're horrible."

 

That'll do it in high school ball. I had heard the kid pitched/flipped the ball toward the umpire as well which the ump didn't like, but I don't see how that could upset him because Ludlow had scored to end the game. What do you do as reaction after an inning is over when an umpire is near? Flip him the ball, I hope he tossed the kid for those magic words and the ball flip didn't play a role in it because that poor kid probably didn't do that to show him up at all.

It will do it in high school but and maybe the ejection is warranted. But my question comes that I've heard from players and fans that after the balk call the Ludlow coach dropped a few bad words and nothing was said about that.

It will do it in high school but and maybe the ejection is warranted. But my question comes that I've heard from players and fans that after the balk call the Ludlow coach dropped a few bad words and nothing was said about that.

 

High. School. Baseball.

I think umps might give more leeway to a coach than a player.

By the way the magic words were "you're horrible."

 

And he tossed the baseball towards the umpire. Not hitting him with it though.

"You're horrible" from a player is an automatic ejection. No questions asked.

I think umps might give more leeway to a coach than a player.

 

As a general rule, your statement is correct. And, in relation to the "ball toss", it would depend on "how" the player tossed the ball towards the umpire and the player's demeanor as he did so. Either the statement OR the ball toss would warrant an ejection. However, anytime criticism is "personalized" (i.e. using the word "you" as part of a derogatory comment) as a public (loud enough for others to hear) statement, the offender is ejected (coach or player).

I agree and that is why I am not questioning his ejection. I am merely asking how a coach can curse at the umpire loud enough for others to hear and not be tossed? Doesn't that violate the sportsmanship card that is read before the game to the coaches and captains?

I agree and that is why I am not questioning his ejection. I am merely asking how a coach can curse at the umpire loud enough for others to hear and not be tossed? Doesn't that violate the sportsmanship card that is read before the game to the coaches and captains?

 

I think in all sports you will see different levels of tolerance. There is no list that I'm aware of that says "if they say this, this is the penalty."

 

Its obviously very subjective.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.