Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow 3 Dixie 2

Featured Replies

Hammons strikes out 13.

That makes 105 K's in 54.7 innings

 

Great job by both teams, very close exciting game in the last inning.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this makes Ludlow the #1 seed in the district correct?

  • Author
So this makes Ludlow the #1 seed in the district correct?

 

That's the way I understand it

That's the way I understand it

 

I think they are. So here is hoping that they can bring home another district championship like Ludlow did in 2004! :thumb:

  • Author
I think they are. So here is hoping that they can bring home another district championship like Ludlow did in 2004! :thumb:

 

That would be great for this group of seniors. I would love to see them go out with a championship.

That would be great for this group of seniors. I would love to see them go out with a championship.

 

Me too. Also hopefully the school would do something for them to recognize their accomplishment if they do win the district, unlike they did in 2004 when they did nothing for them. If this team is able to win the district the school should do something special for them. I mean its not to often that Ludlow wins a district championship in any sport. So for them to be able to pull it off would be a big accomplishment and should get something like a banner in the gym IMO. I know other schools recognize their other sports accomplishments in their gyms, so I hope Ludlow will do the same. Obviously I am way ahead of myself here because they have to win the district still and that wont be easy. However if they are able to, I just would like to see the school do something for them this time around. This is a good group of kids who have worked hard over the years. :thumb:

 

Go Ludlow!!!

Who else is in this district? And what are the matchups?

Who else is in this district? And what are the matchups?

 

Ludlow, Dixie, St. Henry, Villa, and Lloyd. I don't know the matchups but I think Ludlow got the one seed and Dixie the two seed.

Ludlow 1, Dixie 2, Lloyd 3, St. Henry 4, Villa 5

 

This would mean that St. Henry and Villa would play with the winner to get Ludlow and then Dixie playing Lloyd.

From what I understand (and I was not there) the umpires were not very good in this one. Not saying they lost Dixie the game because I did hear they had costly errors but one Dixie player was ejected after the game. I do not know what was said to warrant the ejection but I'm sure I'll find out in the coming days.

The umpiring was fine. The seventh inning contained some controversial calls, the biggest of which penalized Ludlow.

Hammons strikes out 13.

That makes 105 K's in 54.7 innings

 

Great job by both teams, very close exciting game in the last inning.

 

I haven't seen this kid pitch, but those are some nice numbers both today and overall. He must be the real deal.

From what I understand (and I was not there) the umpires were not very good in this one. Not saying they lost Dixie the game because I did hear they had costly errors but one Dixie player was ejected after the game. I do not know what was said to warrant the ejection but I'm sure I'll find out in the coming days.

 

The biggest thing the umpires did was call a balk on Ludlow with a guy on third letting Dixie tie it up in the top of the 7th.

 

What you should be commenting on is your varsity coach not throwing his ace. I don't care what teams play... I love it when teams don't throw their ace in an important game and it costs them. BTW what was he saving him for?

Who is the "ace" for Dixie?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.