Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 30 Cooper 7

Featured Replies

Final. No this is not a typo.

I know Coach Arlinghaus personally so I know in no way that he tried to run the score up on Cooper. He is all class so I assume Cooper just had a rough day on the mound and in the field.

Whoa. I assume this was a 5-inning affair. Cooper had been playing some decent ball so the score is a surprise. Must have been one of those days.

Agreed, Brad is a class guy! Cooper must have just imploded!

Oh,believe me, we imploded. I started and i pitched terrible. We had no defense. I lasted 28 pitches. I was only hit hard twice, other than that they were just grounders that got through. As far as not running up the score?? They ran on us when it was 20-3. How is that not running it up??

Oh,believe me, we imploded. I started and i pitched terrible. We had no defense. I lasted 28 pitches. I was only hit hard twice, other than that they were just grounders that got through. As far as not running up the score?? They ran on us when it was 20-3. How is that not running it up??

 

How did they run is the question? There is a difference between running up the score and running the bases.

Oh,believe me, we imploded. I started and i pitched terrible. We had no defense. I lasted 28 pitches. I was only hit hard twice, other than that they were just grounders that got through. As far as not running up the score?? They ran on us when it was 20-3. How is that not running it up??

 

If that was indeed the score there most definitely should be no stealing and one base at a time.:eek:

If that was indeed the score there most definitely should be no stealing and one base at a time.:eek:

 

As a baseball coach I would see it more embarrassing to go 90 feet at a time than for them to go for 2 if they hit one of the fence. I see 90 feet at a timw as almost being cocky.

There is also a big difference between stealing on the pitcher up 20-3 and taking second on a passed ball. Most coaches tell their players to advance on a passed ball so it doesnt seem like their showing up the other team.

As a baseball coach I would see it more embarrassing to go 90 feet at a time than for them to go for 2 if they hit one of the fence. I see 90 feet at a timw as almost being cocky.

 

Not when it's 20-3...its called not running up the score. I have been around baseball for near 40 years, and was fortunate to play at a very high level, and that is the usual way to handle a blowout. It's not being cocky but trying to ease the pain of a team having a rough day. You also have the players not say a word, but sometimes coaches don't enforce that strong enough either.

IMHO running up the score means playing your starters all game, stealing bases, and stretching an extra base out of a hit. I have no problem with moving up on a passed ball.

IMHO running up the score means playing your starters all game, stealing bases, and stretching an extra base out of a hit. I have no problem with moving up on a passed ball.

 

Now I agree with that and it falls in the same line if a ball is misplayed in the field. Your synopsis is dead on!

Now I agree with that and it falls in the same line if a ball is misplayed in the field. Your synopsis is dead on!

 

I agree with that too. :thumb:

To put it mildly, Cooper just had one of those days. Conner hit every pitcher hard, our defense which can be very good at times, was not on this day. As far as running up the score, each will have their opinion. All I will say is at one point, Conner would move one base at a time, then a few batters later they would take the extra base, and then back to one base at a time. I personally just think when the reserves for Conner got in, they just were playing ball and probably not listening to what the coach told the starters, which is one base at a time. Coach Bieger was out sick and from what I hear he never misses a baseball game so I know he must have been feeling very bad, and even worse when he sees the score. IMO our coaches need to know when to pull some of these pitchers when they can't find the strike zone, no matter who you have to pitch. The young man who had the issues in the Ryle game with walks was left in again way to long, IMO.... He is a fine player but from what I understand he hasn't pitched in a couple of years and just doesn't have the mechanics or confidence at this point.

 

I also think it's time to look at some of the outfielders defensively, way too many dropped balls and balls that should be tracked down are not due to bad jumps, etc.. With this team so young the only way they can compete, which they have more than not this year, is to throw strikes and play flawless defense.

Are we sure on this score?? Both the KHSAA and the Enquirer have it as 17-7 in 5 innings.:confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.