Swine flu and the border

Are you serious? Most of the kids at the NYC school had been on vacation with their parents in Mexico. If you've got enough money to vacation in Mexico, I don't think sealing the border is going to help.

Yep...let's seal the borders, and then that'll stop it. :rolleyes: People with the money and means to vacation in Mexico aren't the risk. :rolleyes:

Seriously? All this crap these days makes me feel like I'm living in some dark parody of Chicken Little.

I agree

Is there a bigger nutbag in Congress than the lady from Minnesota? You remember her? Obama is going to put children in "re-education camps?" She is now trying to link swine flu to Democratic presidents. She said that the last time the swine flu broke out was when Jimmy Carter was POTUS and now this. Interesting - in her mind only.

However, since it was 1976 the POTUS was one Mr. G Ford.

Nut job - 100% certified.

Michelle Bachman is a nut job, but she is quite the looker-for an older lady:

michelle-bachman.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS,

What are your thoughts on what Dr. Paul says in the above video?

I agree with him, since 9/11 it seems that every serious problem has been tied to homeland security and this one shouldn't be. The CDC is in place for a reason. Also, one of the reasons this stuff even gets blown up like it does is because CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and Fox News has covered extensively for the past week.

Here's a funny clip from the Colbert Report show last night on the Swine Flu:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/226153/april-29-2009/enemy-swine--a-pigcalypse-now

In the United States, around 36,000 people die each year from flu related causes. Do we shut the borders down then?

I love how they conveniently leave this stat out of any news reports... I'm so tired of hearing about the Swine Flu. :madman:

• 3 months later...
There have now been over 100 deaths in Mexico from swine flu. There are 40 confirmed cases in the U.S. including 1 in Ohio. Is it time to close the border? Do we use National Guard to seal the crossing points? I say yes to both as a temporary measure.

I live in San Diego and the 20th death in the county was confirmed this week and we have had over 1,000 confirmed cases. I see this increasing rapidly with the start of the school.

In the event of an H1N1 epidemic, transportation out of southern California/Texas (not just Mexico) may be limited.