Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Congrats to Coach Menefee and to Bellevue for doing right by their kids....Beau LOVES the game and really enjoys teaching kids and is excited about the oppurtunity......Go Tigers!:thumb:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Menefee very happy for him. I am sure he will do a great job for Bellevue.

Is it official Menefee is the man in Bellevue?

Yes. I'm not sure it was the best choice.

Yes. I'm not sure it was the best choice.

 

Why you say that? Who would have been better IYO?

Not sure. I do not know who else was seriously considering it. If Beau is not connected to the town, what is going to stop him from leaving like every other coach has done?

While Beau is not from Bellevue, he grew up about 3 minutes up Covert Run in Ft. Thomas.....I believe he also played Jr. league football for the Tigers growing up for a couple of years along with some other kids in his neighborhood.....He does know the history of Bellevue and its athletic teams and all about the great pride the citizens take in their children and their Tiger athletes.....Not all that different than Ft. Thomas I suspect where he excelled as a basketball player through lots of hard work in the gym and his backyard.....he wasn't the most gifted of athletes (SORRY BEAU!), but he worked his butt off to play and start for a very good HHS squad during his playing time in HS.....He knows how hard it is to excel and become better through hard work and practice. If he was not the right choice because he is not FROM Bellevue than they will get what they have always gotten....a mediocre program with an occasional good season....not what they deserve which is a great coach with a passion and enthusiasm to take them to the top of the all A Class......give him a break and a chance!

Beau also did an outstanding job coaching Campbell County's 8th grade team a few years ago.

He will do well at Bellevue. If they treat him right down there, he could be a long time coach at the program.

The weasel is right. Beau made himself into a player, as he was not very talented. He worked hard and it has come full circle. Basketball kept him grounded and afterwards he was a little lost. I think basketball was important in his life and it is nice to see that he has come back to coach the game. I think he is going to be able to relate to the kids in BTOWN and I heard he did real well with the Campbell County 8th grade program. I really don't see him jumping at the first opportunity. He is really loyal and is very thankful for the opportunity. I believe you will be excited with the hire.

It is true Beau worked very hard... countless hours shooting at the Armory. It was not as though the cupboard was bare talent wise though.

 

He was always one of the biggest, fastest and strongest kids growing up. He was coordinated, dribbled and passed well. I believe he led the 9th Region in 3-point shooting his senior year, and averaged a double/double in points/rebounds. I know he lettered 3 years and had several different dunks he could throw down as a sophomore...and he was just over 6ft. 2

 

I remember one of the baseball coaches wanting him to pitch...I think he threw in the high 80's. And when he played Jr. and Middle league football he caught anything thrown his way, usually taking several guys to bring him down.

 

The thing that will set him apart though, is his competitive fire. I've never seen anyone want to win more than he does. Ever. He does a good job building relationships as well. I think everyone should pull up a chair and enjoy the show that is about to begin! http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/popcorn.gif

Beau, is much younger than I, but if he was that talented in 3 sports I am not certain who would have walked away from the other two. IMO there have been much better athletes walk in the door at Highlands. I do agree with his competitive fire and the fact that he hates to lose. I believe he will be a fine coach and he did have a fantastic senior year on the hard court. Heck at SK we had a boy that could dunk three different ways his freshman year but did not have a clue on how to play ball. Beau does understand the game and will be a good hire that we certainly agree on.

Beau, is much younger than I, but if he was that talented in 3 sports I am not certain who would have walked away from the other two. IMO there have been much better athletes walk in the door at Highlands.

 

Of course there have been better athletes at Highlands...HHS has turned out more great ones than anyone in the state. But Beau was certainly athletic...definitely not the most athletic, but certainly could run, jump and throw with most anyone. IMO there were few tougher to walk through those doors.

 

Ever since Tuff Duff very few kids have played football & basketball.

 

Anyway if you want to watch him play, his teams are still winning championships in the Sunday Night Basketball league at the Y.:thumb:

Wow....Its Bellevue people , Its not like we will be :popcorn: them ........

Wow....Its Bellevue people , Its not like we will be :popcorn: them ........

 

:confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.