Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY IN tryout list

Featured Replies

How often does a bench player get invited to try out?

 

Who is a bench player?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Who is a bench player?

 

I doubt it has ever happened but it did this year, Brandon Housely.

I doubt it has ever happened but it did this year, Brandon Housely.

 

I am a huge Holmes supporter but was a little surprised to see Housely and Dom. Johnson on the list. I think the only Sr. Holmes had that should have been on this list was JaMel Riley, but I wish all 3 the best of luck.

Looking at the 40 selected: 6 players each from regions 7 & 11. Justified in that they are the 2 toughest regions in the state. 4 players from regions 9 and 2. Again 9th is justified although Dom Johnson even after watching Holmes 6x I'm not sure exactly who he is?? 2d region having 4 players and the 10th only has one (Middleton)?? Seven (7) regions have one player as they pick the region player of the year. Here is where I see Barrett Meyer's and Leonard Macon's slots going. There are a few players in that group I have never heard of and I follow HS Basketball fervently. Probably quality players just I haven't heard of them or seen them on the AAU circuit. Also from the 2d I had never heard of Walker from Lyon County.

Looking at the 40 selected: 6 players each from regions 7 & 11. Justified in that they are the 2 toughest regions in the state. 4 players from regions 9 and 2. Again 9th is justified although Dom Johnson even after watching Holmes 6x I'm not sure exactly who he is?? 2d region having 4 players and the 10th only has one (Middleton)?? Seven (7) regions have one player as they pick the region player of the year. Here is where I see Barrett Meyer's and Leonard Macon's slots going. There are a few players in that group I have never heard of and I follow HS Basketball fervently. Probably quality players just I haven't heard of them or seen them on the AAU circuit. Also from the 2d I had never heard of Walker from Lyon County.

 

Thanks for the information. This is where I think the philosophy or spreading the invites around the state is unfair to some really quality players that reside and attend school in higher population areas where there are a lot of good players. If we want to compete with Indiana, we need to get our 40 best players to the try out regardless of source.

Looking at the 40 selected: 6 players each from regions 7 & 11. Justified in that they are the 2 toughest regions in the state. 4 players from regions 9 and 2. Again 9th is justified although Dom Johnson even after watching Holmes 6x I'm not sure exactly who he is?? 2d region having 4 players and the 10th only has one (Middleton)?? Seven (7) regions have one player as they pick the region player of the year. Here is where I see Barrett Meyer's and Leonard Macon's slots going. There are a few players in that group I have never heard of and I follow HS Basketball fervently. Probably quality players just I haven't heard of them or seen them on the AAU circuit. Also from the 2d I had never heard of Walker from Lyon County.

 

Yeah AAU has nothing to do with this.

 

Another good player left off is Hatton from Clark Co. Hes played really well several times I have seen them play this year. Also Rash deserved an invitation as well.

I'm gonna take a stab at picking the 13.

 

Jon Hood

Darren Ballou

Wesley Cox

Chris Dowe

Vee Sanford

Eric Mosley

Chuck Jones

CJ Penny

Ethan Faulkner

Jacob Jenkins

Jordan Reves

Josh Crawford

Russ Middleton

 

 

I am leaving off some really good players I know. But I believe because of a need for big men some great players will be left off.

I will go with- from the guys currently listed:

 

Hood - automatic

Penny

Ashford

Faulkner

Faulkner

Donovan

D. Johnson

Reeves

Sanford

Riley

Dowe

Hudson

Rogers

Looking at the 40 selected: 6 players each from regions 7 & 11. Justified in that they are the 2 toughest regions in the state. 4 players from regions 9 and 2. Again 9th is justified although Dom Johnson even after watching Holmes 6x I'm not sure exactly who he is?? 2d region having 4 players and the 10th only has one (Middleton)?? Seven (7) regions have one player as they pick the region player of the year. Here is where I see Barrett Meyer's and Leonard Macon's slots going. There are a few players in that group I have never heard of and I follow HS Basketball fervently. Probably quality players just I haven't heard of them or seen them on the AAU circuit. Also from the 2d I had never heard of Walker from Lyon County.

 

Don't agree with this.

Also from the 2d I had never heard of Walker from Lyon County.
I suspect Walker was invited because of his size ... he's about 6-7, 230 or 240 so. He averaged about 20 points and 8 rebounds a game.
Barrett Meyer of Franklin County definitely needs to be on the list.

 

Absolutely. :thumb:

I heard Meyer's just won the 3 point shooting contest at the ky-ohio all star

skills competition:thumb:

I heard Meyer's just won the 3 point shooting contest at the ky-ohio all star

skills competition:thumb:

 

If its true, then outstanding work by him. I thinks it great thing Meyers got the opportunity soon enough to fill-in and he did it splendidly.

 

You would have to had thought that a shooter like the one in the clip below would have had a shot too. Hopefully Meyers will do it it again tomorrow. Congrats!

 

If its true, then outstanding work by him. I thinks it great thing Meyers got the opportunity soon enough to fill-in and he did it splendidly.

 

You would have to had thought that a shooter like the one in the clip below would have had a shot too. Hopefully Meyers will do it it again tomorrow. Congrats!

 

 

That's cool! The game is tonight isn't it?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.