April 5, 200917 yr ^ Looked all over no confirmation. The only thing I've see is the article on bleacher report, not that it's a great source but that's what Cutler was referring to on WLW.
April 5, 200917 yr I'd love to get Bush. They are going to have to get a #1 WR IMO. I don't know if Coles is a #1 at this point in his career. If they could get T. Holt or A. Boldin to go along with Coles then I'd love to have Bush and a 2nd. Bush and Benson would be a powerful 1-2 punch. Who will be their scat back to change pace if that happens?
April 5, 200917 yr I've been watching the NFL Network for a bit here to see if there is any news and there hasn't been. They usually break things pretty quick when they happen.
April 5, 200917 yr I've gotten text from two diff friends in Cincy its spreading but of course just from the WLW chatter wish we had confirmation.
April 5, 200917 yr I'd love to get Bush. They are going to have to get a #1 WR IMO. I don't know if Coles is a #1 at this point in his career. If they could get T. Holt or A. Boldin to go along with Coles then I'd love to have Bush and a 2nd. Bush and Benson would be a powerful 1-2 punch. Who will be their scat back to change pace if that happens? I think those two youngsters that were drafted very high last year will be a lot better this season, throw in Coles and they will be ok. This is a very deep wr draft, they could use one of the second rounders on a WR. If this trade happens they will have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Here is an update on the potential trade from John Thorton, All Pro Blogger. He said the deal is not done, but he is hearing that it very well could be.
April 5, 200917 yr I think they have to go OT/DE (depending on how things work out) then Center. There are about 7-9 WR's that will go the first two rounds unless things work out where one or two slip to the third. The big kid from UNC or the kid from Cal Pol that is like 6'6 230 4.5 40 will probably slip to the 3rd. Crabtree, Haywood Bay, Macklin will probably go 1st. Harbin, Britt (I like him), Robiskie (polished), Nicks will push to go the 1st two rounds. Pat White is a wild card. I wouldn't be suprised to see Dallas go after him and putting some Wildcat in. On the Wood question...I think there is a GREAT chance the Bengals take him in the 2nd round. I wish they could move Chad to Oak for their 1st! How nice would it be to take the best OT on the board, the DE from Texas then Wood in the 2nd! That along with Tank...shwew they would be sooo much better!
April 5, 200917 yr How does everyone feel about the Bengals going after Eric Wood from Louisville for the center position? Wood would be a very good draftpick. He was a stud at UL. He is from Cincy I think they said he played at Elder. I hope this trade happens getting Bush and a 2rd pick for Chad would be a steal for the Bengals.
April 5, 200917 yr Now the article is "missing", looks like this was a get your hopes up rumor. I hope/wish it wasn't.
April 5, 200917 yr I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up one of their 2nd rounders for Chad. But I wouldn't give anything more than that.
April 5, 200917 yr I hope he is traded so we don't have to have a million BASH Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco) threads all the time!
April 5, 200917 yr I wouldn't mind the Giants giving up one of their 2nd rounders for Chad. But I wouldn't give anything more than that. I will be really suprised if they don't get Edwards before it's all said and done. They also have a chance to draft a really good one in the 2nd I think.
April 5, 200917 yr Author Without Chad I think the Bengals are a little thin at WR but at the same time I think it is addition by subtraction. If the Bengals do dump Chad they need to get a WR in return or a draft pick they can convert into a NFL ready WR.
April 5, 200917 yr I will be really suprised if they don't get Edwards before it's all said and done. They also have a chance to draft a really good one in the 2nd I think. I've heard the Edwards trade is dead, but then again everyone said the Shockey trade was dead also.
April 6, 200917 yr Without Chad I think the Bengals are a little thin at WR but at the same time I think it is addition by subtraction. If the Bengals do dump Chad they need to get a WR in return or a draft pick they can convert into a NFL ready WR. That is risky as well. Generally speaking it takes 3 years for a rookie to establish himself. Same went for Chad.. Thankfully, we do have Coles and they will just have to hope the other current 2nd year guys will be efficient. A guy like Palmer should be able to get anyone the ball IF we can protect him.
April 6, 200917 yr On Edwards I listened to an interview with Kellen Winslow last week and he said Braylon was really wanting to go to NY. About 2 weeks before that they said a deal was all but Steve Smith was the sticking point so who knows. I agree about WR's usually not developing until the 3rd year. To me that is why Cincy really needs to pursue Holt if he is healthy. Holt+Coles are a legit 1-2 punch with Carson. They are getting long in the tooth but you have two PROFESSIONALS (which is the opposite of what you get with Chad) that can help the young guys develope. This buy a year or two for those guys too IMO. If they go get Tank, Holt and swap Bush + #2 for Chad then they really have themselves in great shape draft day.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.