Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nolan Dennis...The more I learn..

Featured Replies

The more I see on Nolan Dennis the more I am liking this kid. He seems to be a Coach Cal type talent who seems fearless. I'm really liking what I've seen thus far. Maybe some of you can fill me in on him some more. UK talent?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

 

Here's a nics HL

Definatly a guy flying under the radar amongst all the hype and hope of guys such as Wall, Henry, and Cousins. Personally, (and outside of Cousins in which the more I read the more I feel he will be at Kentucky) I feel he is the one who is most likely to end up in Wildcat blue if given the chance. He and his mother were the first to come out and say they had a clause to get out of the Memphis LOI, and the first to say that they wanted Dennis to follow Coach Cal. Whether or not Cal takes him (I see no reason why not being our team needs a makeover) is to be another story, but from what I have read he is a very good player, very good kid, and really wants to play for John Cal. Hate to do this, especially to fellow Cat fans, but I see a lot of Jodie Meeks in this guy. Simlar type of game and good kid persona, and similar kind of hype as to what Jodie had out of high school. That hype being solid player but no one anyones poiting to be a superstar, but as Jodie has shown sometimes you don't have to be a top 20 guy in order to really ball out so to speak. I really like Dennis and think this would be a solid pickup moving forward and giving scoring depth tha this team needs badly.

Definatly a guy flying under the radar amongst all the hype and hope of guys such as Wall, Henry, and Cousins. Personally, (and outside of Cousins in which the more I read the more I feel he will be at Kentucky) I feel he is the one who is most likely to end up in Wildcat blue if given the chance. He and his mother were the first to come out and say they had a clause to get out of the Memphis LOI, and the first to say that they wanted Dennis to follow Coach Cal. Whether or not Cal takes him (I see no reason why not being our team needs a makeover) is to be another story, but from what I have read he is a very good player, very good kid, and really wants to play for John Cal. Hate to do this, especially to fellow Cat fans, but I see a lot of Jodie Meeks in this guy. Simlar type of game and good kid persona, and similar kind of hype as to what Jodie had out of high school. That hype being solid player but no one anyones poiting to be a superstar, but as Jodie has shown sometimes you don't have to be a top 20 guy in order to really ball out so to speak. I really like Dennis and think this would be a solid pickup moving forward and giving scoring depth tha this team needs badly.

 

If he's a future All-American, sign him up :thumb:

If he's a future All-American, sign him up :thumb:

 

We could only hope (well if hes a cat that is). And not that im predicting that, I'm just saying you never know about players, they are just ranked according to how recruiting services feel. I mean sure the top 15 is always going to be studs, but from there out you really never know. So as with Jodie its proven you can find gems down around mid 100. And like said he's getting about the same hype Jodie got which like said isn't much but is a respected player, and has a lot of the hard work game Jodie had. So more likely than not if he comes to Kentucky will at least be getting a pretty descent 2G.

 

Here's a nics HL

 

UKCATSFAN, this is your response when Calipari was talked about two years ago before Gillispie was hired:

 

Even though Calipari wasn't fingered in the Camby situation or Allen's arrest, it just shows what kind of ship Calipari runs. Tubby Smith did things the right way and the classy way and if he found out someone wasn't doing things right, they didn't last too long. UK will be sanctioned within 5 yrs if Calipari takes over.

 

Obviously, you've changed your position. Why?

Dennis, Cousins, Henry X 2, Wall and Orton all aboard... Then let the chips fall where they may. I trust Calipari's judgment on any additions or subtractions.:popcorn:

UKCATSFAN, this is your response when Calipari was talked about two years ago before Gillispie was hired:

 

Even though Calipari wasn't fingered in the Camby situation or Allen's arrest, it just shows what kind of ship Calipari runs. Tubby Smith did things the right way and the classy way and if he found out someone wasn't doing things right, they didn't last too long. UK will be sanctioned within 5 yrs if Calipari takes over.

 

Obviously, you've changed your position. Why?

 

Wow! Why call somebody out like that? I'm sure you've changed your mind before.

Wow! Why call somebody out like that? I'm sure you've changed your mind before.

 

 

I agree! Take it a PM if you wish to start an argument.:taz:

Obviously, you've changed your position. Why?

 

It's been a hot topic from Pat Forde on down the line on how Kentucky has now started to bow down to Calipari after two years ago they were downing him to no end. If my memory serves me right, right around the time the last coaching change was taking place was pretty close in proximity to the time all of the Camby stuff came out, and when UMASS was stripped of the Final Four they merited. It was also a time when it wasn't clear that it was Camby's fault and not so much of Calipari's. So with all the heat no wonder so many people had those type of perceptions. However, time changed everything and with high graduation rates, and doing things the right way sanctioned free it is now known that Calipari isn't getting looked at any harder than anyone else in the NCAA. Most certaintly not like a Kelvin Sampson type hire now that the truth has been out for a while on the whole UMASS deal.

 

So with that said I don't think its the people who have flip-floped but rather a settling of approval once all the details came out about the UMASS incident and after nothing has really happened since.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope this helps in some sort of way. I doubt Pat Forde or any of the other big time media outlet guys read this but hopefully to those in BGP's land who may point the finger at the ones (including Mitch Barnhardt) who were against the move a couple years ago, but now support the decision.

But this thread is about Nolan Dennis so I'd say we better get this back on topic.

  • Author
UKCATSFAN, this is your response when Calipari was talked about two years ago before Gillispie was hired:

 

Even though Calipari wasn't fingered in the Camby situation or Allen's arrest, it just shows what kind of ship Calipari runs. Tubby Smith did things the right way and the classy way and if he found out someone wasn't doing things right, they didn't last too long. UK will be sanctioned within 5 yrs if Calipari takes over.

 

Obviously, you've changed your position. Why?

 

 

Wow!! I swear it wasn't me who kicked your dog. You must have went thru hundreds of my post to find one like that. I don't even remember posting that but I do remember not wanting Calipari a couple of years ago and I think most of the UK fanbase was with me on that one. I think alot of people have changed their position on Coach Cal in recent years. For one, I'll admit that I didn't know much about the situation with Camby or Coach Cal. I'd like to know what thread that came out of cause I'm sure I had a point. I would probably think that I was taking up for Tubby. While I did think it was time for him to leave, I respected the type of program he ran. As for Coach Cal, I've definately changed my views on him as I've learned more and more about him. At the time of that post, I didn't know much if anything about him except from what I had heard. Now, I've researched him and found that he's never been accused of wrong doing and my opinion has changed of him. I'm loving Coach Cal now! The fact that he's now at UK has nothing to do with it at all.:D:D:D Seriously, I've learned more about him now. Plain and simple. Have you ever changed your mind? I seriously doubt that you've never contradicted yourself on post and that you've always stayed on board. If you say otherwise, you're lying. But, I won't waste my time going back through your post just to proove it. I've got better things to do.....like talk about Coach Cal and the titles he's going to win here!!!!!

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

  • Author
UKCATSFAN, this is your response when Calipari was talked about two years ago before Gillispie was hired:

 

Even though Calipari wasn't fingered in the Camby situation or Allen's arrest, it just shows what kind of ship Calipari runs. Tubby Smith did things the right way and the classy way and if he found out someone wasn't doing things right, they didn't last too long. UK will be sanctioned within 5 yrs if Calipari takes over.

 

Obviously, you've changed your position. Why?

 

 

I just found this on another thread. This is part of your post.......

 

"Calipari had dominated the CUSA, but I think people did worry about some of his "baggage" before they actually looked into it."

 

Why say that and then call me out and ask why I didn't want Coach Cal 2 years ago?

 

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.