Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY coaching thread of the day (3-29)

Featured Replies

Most threads are closed, maybe we can focus the coaching information into one thread? Anyway, here is an attempt to get it started.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to start with a clean slate. Make sure everyone reads THIS STATEMENT at the top of this forum. :thumb:

I don't think that anyone on here knows exactly what will happen, who the next coach will be for sure and when so I believe I will try and wait to post on the U.K. basketball coach again when we actually have a U.K. basketball coach in place and the thread on that is posted.

Does anyone know for sure what they are looking for in the new man?

Experience, pedigree, titles, young energy, style of play, etc.?

I have been wondering about this from the start and this does not seem like a question that cannot be addressed by all involved.

This also narrows or broadens the search, as the case may be.

Is anyone watching Sportscenter this morning? Stephen A. Smith says he has talked to many people around Cal and says that there is definate feeling that he is thinking about leaving. He also said "I think he will go to Kentucky."

Does anyone know for sure what they are looking for in the new man?

Experience, pedigree, titles, young energy, style of play, etc.?

I have been wondering about this from the start and this does not seem like a question that cannot be addressed by all involved.

This also narrows or broadens the search, as the case may be.

 

I would think that experience, pedigree, titles, and style of play , would be looked at very closely as a good PR person. Young energy can be a good thing, but I feel is not the right fit for UK at this point. That would be taking a risk and at this pont MB can not afford to take another risk.

Is anyone watching Sportscenter this morning? Stephen A. Smith says he has talked to many people around Cal and says that there is definate feeling that he is thinking about leaving. He also said "I think he will go to Kentucky."

 

 

Between BD and JC, JC is the one I thought we had any real shot with.

Is anyone watching Sportscenter this morning? Stephen A. Smith says he has talked to many people around Cal and says that there is definate feeling that he is thinking about leaving. He also said "I think he will go to Kentucky."

 

I don't know how much Stephen A. knows about collge bball considerring the NBA is his thing, but this is encouageing.

I would think that experience, pedigree, titles, and style of play , would be looked at very closely as a good PR person. Young energy can be a good thing, but I feel is not the right fit for UK at this point. That would be taking a risk and at this pont MB can not afford to take another risk.

 

Agree Kentucky needs someone from a big time program who has been there and done that. Kentucky job is one of the toughest jobs if not the toughest job in the county. Need a coach with experience and one that has one at the highest level. Do not care which coach Kentucky gets just hope they get one from a big time program.

I don't know how much Stephen A. knows about collge bball considerring the NBA is his thing, but this is encouageing.

 

Yeah, I don't know how much he knows about college either, but for some reason in the past year or so he has been doing alittle more with college.

On another site, they say Smith is extremely connected to Calipari and knows many people that know him as well. Take it for what it is worth...

And to add to the rumors...

 

Calipari is hunkered down somewhere. Some people say he is "thinking." Of what? You can guess on that. A Facebook group was made named "Bring John Calipari to Memphis."

 

Why is that a big deal? Erin Calipari (UMass; Calipari's daughter) is an officer of that group.

On another site, they say Smith is extremely connected to Calipari and knows many people that know him as well. Take it for what it is worth...

World. Wide...

  • Author
World. Wide...

 

:idunno: I don't get it, maybe I'm more dense that I thought.

:idunno: I don't get it, maybe I'm more dense that I thought.

Google World Wide Wes. See you in a few hours... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.