Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turfway Park

Featured Replies

Yesterday was such a pretty day! FF decided to take our son with him to see the horses. I met them up there with our 2 year old daughter. It was such a fun time. They loved watching the horses run, and Landon our son got to pet a horse. They ate lunch on a picnic table outside there and just got to run around and enjoy the pretty day. We all got sun on our cheeks. I had never been and it really is pretty. We even walked away with a but more in our pockets. :thumb:

I'm there basically every Friday. Can't go wrong with the Fiday deals at the Turf:ylsuper:

  • Author
I'm there basically every Friday. Can't go wrong with the Fiday deals at the Turf:ylsuper:

 

We are thinking about going there this Friday!!

I'm there basically every Friday. Can't go wrong with the Fiday deals at the Turf:ylsuper:

 

But you feel it the next day, at least I did this past Saturday.:puke:

Yesterday was such a pretty day! FF decided to take our son with him to see the horses. I met them up there with our 2 year old daughter. It was such a fun time. They loved watching the horses run, and Landon our son got to pet a horse. They ate lunch on a picnic table outside there and just got to run around and enjoy the pretty day. We all got sun on our cheeks. I had never been and it really is pretty. We even walked away with a but more in our pockets. :thumb:

 

Might want to try Keeneland next month. The place is beyond compare.

Might want to try Keeneland next month. The place is beyond compare.

 

:thumb:

 

 

Keeneland is very nice.

 

Since we're talking more local, compare Turfway to River Downs? Now where are you going on Friday or Saturday?

Hopefully Turfway can stand to get through the tough times. Right now the state of KY is behind times as far as attracking good horses. I hope things turn around soon. I enjoy all of KY horse tracks.

  • Author
Might want to try Keeneland next month. The place is beyond compare.

 

We have been there before. It is very nice.

We are thinking about going there this Friday!!

 

Lots of college kids there for the $1 beer. Lot different crowd than a Sunday afternoon.

We have been going to the Lane's End Stakes (formerly the Jim Beam) for 20 plus years. Saturday was no exception. I was very disappointed that we were forced to park waaaaaay out in the grass across from Lowes. As we hiked to the track, we passed dozens and dozens of empty parking spaces. Not sure what was up with that. Never had that problem before. I dont mind parking far away if nothing else is available.:irked:

 

Other than that it was a fun day. Went home with some extra money in my pocket which I am currently "donating" here in Las Vegas.

:thumb:

 

 

Keeneland is very nice.

 

Since we're talking more local, compare Turfway to River Downs? Now where are you going on Friday or Saturday?

 

I like RD over Turfway for two reasons. Being the winter meet you pretty much are stuck indoors at TP, and the smoke is way to thick for me. RD in the Summer, is a very nice setting, you can sit outside or under cover from the sun. I usually make my KY Derby pick at RD, and that day it is a very nice atmosphere, you should check it out.

I spent a lot of the last 2 summers at both Turfway and River Downs.

 

I prefer RD mostly because my luck always seems to be a lot better there.:jump:

I like RD over Turfway for two reasons. Being the winter meet you pretty much are stuck indoors at TP, and the smoke is way to thick for me. RD in the Summer, is a very nice setting, you can sit outside or under cover from the sun. I usually make my KY Derby pick at RD, and that day it is a very nice atmosphere, you should check it out.

 

RD is a nice atmosphere but I stopped going for the Derby to protest the way they used to stick it to the fans on that day.

One more thing to add about River Downs...Last time I was there at a live meet they gave free pony rides to kids!!! Which was alot of fun in that atmosphere (for kids and grownups)..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.