Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gonzaga 83 WKU 81

Featured Replies

Two things stand out to me:

 

1) Free. Throws. How can you miss that many free throws Western? That alone would have won the game for them. Just pathetic in that regard.

 

2) I said it many times in the game thread, Orlando Mendez-Valdez allowed himself to be taken out of the game for far too long. He was hot early, and Gonzaga adjusted, and from that point on instead of trying to figure out a way to get open, he just simply didn't shoot for a very, very long time. And the last three was taken by Slaughter, not OMV. It should have been worked until he got the shot.

Great effort, and a great game...

You win some you lose some.

Coach says in interview that they were all calling timeout and the refs didn't look at them.

  • Author

They shouldn't have inbounded so quickly either, but the refs did blow it on that one.

There was a player directly under the basket calling timeout, as well.

Refs missed it. Coach and Slaughter were calling timeout. Western did the same thing the other night. They tightened up some down the stretch and missed from the line. Can't do that in the tourny.

Still it's a great run and I was really hoping to see Western get to play UNC. What a great thing Western has going in basketball!

They missed all nights, which spelled doom..those poor young men will think about those missed freebies for a long time.

Missed time out or not...that was awful defense on the winning basket.

 

I really thought so as well.....I just can't see letting a guard get free inside the 3 point line....he made that shot more difficult than it had to be, IMO.

Bummage.

WKU is a FUN team to watch. Never focus on a refs' call. WKU blew it at the line and then allowed a player to take it to the hoop and not contest the game winner. Great season for the Toppers and sad to see it send in a game I thought they could win.

I think they were more worried about trying not to foul. Cardinal rule there is to stop the ball which didn't happen. I'm proud of WKU though!

I am proud of Alma as well...I had them winning this matchup, but they really have to find some better ft shooting.

  • Author
I am proud of Alma as well...I had them winning this matchup, but they really have to find some better ft shooting.

They were 14/14 in the Sun Belt Championship. The big stage knocked them off their rhythm it would seem.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.