Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/Dixie Scrimmage (3/17)

Featured Replies

The Tigers and Colonels will square off tomorrow (Tues, 3/17) in a preseason game at Dixie Heights. The game is scheduled to go off at 5 p.m. Thoughts?

I like Dixie. Beechwood's going to need to find some offensive fire-power before I'm sold on them.

  • Author

I will say I was at (and in) Dixie's intrasquad game today and the hitting didn't look like it was all there. Solid swings but pitch recognition was a bit off. Pitching was there though.

I will say I was at (and in) Dixie's intrasquad game today and the hitting didn't look like it was all there. Solid swings but pitch recognition was a bit off. Pitching was there though.

 

I saw a recent intrasquad scrimmage and the hitting was off there as well. Timing.

I will say I was at (and in) Dixie's intrasquad game today and the hitting didn't look like it was all there. Solid swings but pitch recognition was a bit off. Pitching was there though.

 

Who is throwing well for Dixie?

  • Author
Who is throwing well for Dixie?

 

Stansberry is throwing well for having just finished basketball.

Smallwood is hitting spots with movement and velocity.

Lessley got some work in today and did a good job. It was his first time throwing off the mound and he was pretty successful.

Bohn got on the hill and worked well. He was able to get out of a jam that I put him in with a throwing error.

 

A few others threw but their name either escapes me or they were just eating innings in the intrasquad game. Kohrs and Chamberlain will be on the bump for a little tomorrow.

Anyone know how this scrimmage went?

 

I sat through a few innings today, but just watched from the car from about 5:20 to 6:00. Neither team hit the ball. Beechwood had a check swing grounder to the 2nd baseman and the rest strike outs. Dixie did produce 1 run while I watched. Someone walked (maybe Klei??), and moved to third on two pitches in the dirt. He then scored on a single up the middle. From the little bit I watched, the timing was way off at the plate.

How about Slusher not playing this year for Beechwood? Understand he's going to UC on football scholarship and red shirting. Should be a blow to Beechies.

Dixie won the scrimmage like 8 or 9 to 0

I saw the first inning and AJ Smith didn't look like he had his good stuff going. I believe he gave up 3 or 4 in the first. From what I saw I wasn't that impressed with the Beechies.. I know it is very early and maybe they just had a bad day..:idunno:

Wow. Surprised. I mean I don't think Beechwood is going to be anything outstanding, but didn't think Dixie would blow them away. Sounds like a sloppy day though. Pretty day to play!

 

As for Smith, I'm sure he'll progress as the season goes, but to be honest, it doesn't shock me that he gave up 3 or 4 in one inning. From what I remember he got shelled a lot.

How about Slusher not playing this year for Beechwood? Understand he's going to UC on football scholarship and red shirting. Should be a blow to Beechies.

 

You mean he is walking on?

Wow. Surprised. I mean I don't think Beechwood is going to be anything outstanding, but didn't think Dixie would blow them away. Sounds like a sloppy day though. Pretty day to play!

 

As for Smith, I'm sure he'll progress as the season goes, but to be honest, it doesn't shock me that he gave up 3 or 4 in one inning. From what I remember he got shelled a lot.

 

Lets be fair. Smith was still playing basketball a week ago so I'm guessing he's still got some work to do.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.