Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/Dixie Scrimmage (3/17)

Featured Replies

Lets be fair. Smith was still playing basketball a week ago so I'm guessing he's still got some work to do.

 

Yeah, like I said he'll progress and should do fine. But it doesn't surprise me, because from what I can remembered he got hit pretty well. But beyond Smith does Beechwood have any solid pitching for when Smith is having one of these kind of days? I don't follow Beechwood so I'm not sure?

  • Author

I was not able to attend the game as I was making my way to Dayton to watch Morehead but I heard that Dixie hit the ball well throughout the lineup. I would give some pitching stats but the only pitcher's stats I know are from the player that text me after the game

 

Sounds like Dixie played well though and I am happy to hear the offense went well. That will be the key to the season as the pitching and defense is there.

Yeah, like I said he'll progress and should do fine. But it doesn't surprise me, because from what I can remembered he got hit pretty well. But beyond Smith does Beechwood have any solid pitching for when Smith is having one of these kind of days? I don't follow Beechwood so I'm not sure?

 

Beechwood also threw Larrimore, Snyder, Bertke, Brilz, and Martin. Not sure on the rotations right now but that was who pitched during the scrimmage.

I sat through a few innings today, but just watched from the car from about 5:20 to 6:00. Neither team hit the ball. Beechwood had a check swing grounder to the 2nd baseman and the rest strike outs. Dixie did produce 1 run while I watched. Someone walked (maybe Klei??), and moved to third on two pitches in the dirt. He then scored on a single up the middle. From the little bit I watched, the timing was way off at the plate.

 

WOW !Every BW batter struck out except for 1 ground out !:confused:

WOW !Every BW batter struck out except for 1 ground out !:confused:

 

I think I got to see them bat 3 times, and yes, all struck out except for the check swing grounder. Dixie was a little more productive in that time span with a walk, single, and line out back to the pitcher. I was only there for a short period as I meantioned. The timing looked way off during the span I watched.

I think you can count on Dixie having one of the better pitching staffs in the 9th this season. If they can put together some offense this year, they are going to be very solid and will surprise some people. Then again, maybe it won't be all that much of a surprise. :sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.