Sportsmaniac's Redistricting 9th and 10th Region

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that this would be the hottest realignment discussion of all! Where are all the northern kentucky people?

Is there talk that this may be happening soon or a reason why we should discuss this? If not I see no reason to talk about this.

I thought that this would be the hottest realignment discussion of all! Where are all the northern kentucky people?

I'm here, but your proposal makes little, if any, sense. Pure speculation based on ????. Therefore, no point in talking about it.

Guess you have to draw the lines somewhere. I would hate to see northern Campbell schools go to the 10th. Might make more sense to send the Boone Cty schools to the 8th.

So what's wrong with the Campbell County School going to the 10th? Personally, I would have thought that HHS and NCC would be thrilled to get out of the Ninth....:confused:

So what's wrong with the Campbell County School going to the 10th? Personally, I would have thought that HHS and NCC would be thrilled to get out of the Ninth....:confused:

Oh just the traditionalist in me. Highlands has been pretty successful in the 9th in the last 30 years.

Oh just the traditionalist in me. Highlands has been pretty successful in the 9th in the last 30 years.

While I can understand that (I still have problems with CovCath, Holmes etc. being in the 35th and not the 34th as it was in my day) but my problem with moving the Boone Schools who are all 6A schools, is that there are far too many small schools in the 8th. If you take away North Oldham, and Shelby County (I am not sure about Anderson enrollment) you are talking about some very small schools that would have to play some rather large schools, whereas moving HHS, NCC etc, really woudln't upset the size of schools already in the 10th. Am I making sense, understand?

The biggest issue when discussing moving regions is the number of schools that would have to shift. IF you moved the Boone Co schools to the 8th (there are 7 schools), you would have to move atleast 4 counties of schools out of the 8th because Oldham Co is the only county with multiple schools. Whereas you move all the schools in Campbell Co to the 10th, you only have to move 3 counties out Clark, Bourbon, and Montgomery. The other issue is the 8th region would have to move into an area the 6th and 7th region where there are already to many schools!

While I can understand that (I still have problems with CovCath, Holmes etc. being in the 35th and not the 34th as it was in my day) but my problem with moving the Boone Schools who are all 6A schools, is that there are far too many small schools in the 8th. If you take away North Oldham, and Shelby County (I am not sure about Anderson enrollment) you are talking about some very small schools that would have to play some rather large schools, whereas moving HHS, NCC etc, really woudln't upset the size of schools already in the 10th. Am I making sense, understand?

As seen in who made the Sweet 16 this year, size of school has much less of a bearing to success as it may in football. As far as history, the Boone schools have far less history in the 9th as the North Campbell schools.

If you move Walton to the 33rd district, this leaves only three teams in the 32nd district (Grant, Williamstown and SK). Would you move a team into the 32nd to make it a four team district again? If so, who?

Sportsmaniac has a thread about the 7th and 8th regions.

• 1 year later...
When i typed it i had spaces. Here is the new alignment for the 10th. Paris was moved to the 11th with Bourbon Co and Clark Co.

Region 10

District 37

Bishop Brossart

Campbell Co

Dayton

Silver Grove

District 38

Highlands

Newport

Newport Central Catholic

Bellevue

District 39