Lewis County 62 Bath County 59

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for Lewis County. They outplayed and outcoached Bath. That last timeout could have been used to set up a shot better than a running turn around 10 footer that hit the side of the backboard, taken by your third offensive option, at best. Using your last one to ice the opponent was not a good move.

Wow, what a win for the Lions. I knew going into this game that it would be a war. I thought Lewis had the better team and I knew they had the better coach and they just had to execute the game plan and they did just that. We knew Bath would lay back in a 2-3 zone and try to contain Thompson and Riley and they played right into our hand. I would take Joe Hampton anytime coaching against Jim Hicks. We are so lucky he changed his mind about taking the Greenup County job several years ago and stayed with the Lions. Good luck in the championship game you never know what can happen.

Congrats Lewis County Lions!!

The gym will be ROARING tomorrow with all the Lions fans!!

Gotta say . . . the half time buzzer beating half court + shot by Lewis County was AWESOME!!!

That play happened right in front of me(Or should I say the play right before that one, horrible no call a kid from Bath had gained control of a loose ball the kid from Lewis cut his legs out from under him the kid from bath falls out of bounds they give possession to Lewis they throw in that long shot, you could tell it was good all the way. I told my buddy that was a 5 pt. no call the 2 free throws Bath didnt get plus that 3pt. bomb.

Congrats Lewis County Lions!!

The gym will be ROARING tomorrow with all the Lions fans!!

Gotta say . . . the half time buzzer beating half court + shot by Lewis County was AWESOME!!!

The Lewis County tackle right before that wasn't a bad play either, when the ball was going out of bounds and insted of a foul being called they called it out off of Bath County. A 5 point swing.

Congrats to Lewis County, you guys have a tough little team, Good Luck in the finals!

I really don't think this score surprised that many people. Coach Hampton has done another tremendous job and his young talent have progressed nicely. Lewis Co. is the better team and will advance to the title game in an old 62nd District showdown. Gutty performance as well, considering the injuries and illness that surrounded Lewis Co. in the last week or so, I don't think they were 100%.

It was a good season in Owingsville with a district championship.