Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackson County Job

Featured Replies

What happened to the last coach? I think this was his first year. Any ideas on a replacement?

 

Do they have a game field or locker rooms yet?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they lost their coach won't this be the 3rd coach in as many years. For a program struggling to get started and with limited numbers I would think this could be a bad sign for the viability of the program.

They completed Jackson County's football field towards the end of last season.

They completed Jackson County's football field towards the end of last season.

 

 

That should give the program a boost. It had to be hard going on the road every week.

They must get some stability if they want any hope of having a decent program. I would imagine they have to look for a young coach with lots of energy.

 

Any names floating around?

They must get some stability if they want any hope of having a decent program. I would imagine they have to look for a young coach with lots of energy.

 

Any names floating around?

 

I agree. They need someone who will help build the feeder program which actually started after they started the high school program. I haven't heard any names, but this could be an excellent job for an assistant coach like Roark from North to cut his teeth on. He has a lot of energy and enthusiasm and could be a very good head coach at a building program like this.

 

I haven't heard any names yet, but know a member of the school board and will see what I can find out.

If they lost their coach won't this be the 3rd coach in as many years. For a program struggling to get started and with limited numbers I would think this could be a bad sign for the viability of the program.

 

Todd Harris (coach) 2006, he went 2-8.

Todd Harris (coach) 2007, he went 3-7.

Clay Dalton (coach) 2008, he went 2-8.

 

They did not have a home field until the end of the 2008 season. Clay was a great guy, but didn't know a great deal about football. They need a real football guy to build the program.

What type of talent is there in Jackson County? How about community support? Since it's a new program, how do their facilities look?

Todd Harris (coach) 2006, he went 2-8.

Todd Harris (coach) 2007, he went 3-7.

Clay Dalton (coach) 2008, he went 2-8.

 

They did not have a home field until the end of the 2008 season. Clay was a great guy, but didn't know a great deal about football. They need a real football guy to build the program.

What happened to Harris? He left Berea for this job didn't he? Was he fired or just give it up?

What happened to Harris? He left Berea for this job didn't he? Was he fired or just give it up?

 

He did leave Berea for this job. I think after 2 years and no home field to play on, he just moved on. He did a good job and was not fired. I think he didn't see the support the first few years that he thought he would need to build a solid program.

 

As far as talent, they athletic talent is there. However, they were already playing HS football before they ever started a middle school team. I think a young hungry coach can build this program up. The community support is okay considering that until 2006, they had never had football at any level in Jackson County. It is getting better. They need little league and middle school programs to develop the pipeline to the high school.

 

I talked to a few officials who did some of their games and they said that the coaches and players were classy and gave great effort. If they can develop the pipeline, I believe they could have a solid program in the future.

Any names being thrown out about the job in Mckee???

Any names being thrown out about the job in Mckee???

 

I haven't heard a word.

A guy that may have an interest is a former assistant coach there, Jimmy Anderson. He coached there a few years ago with the current Berea head guy.

Are they also looking to hire a new Supt?? That could have some serious implecations on the new Football coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.