Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players

Featured Replies

Smith is better than all of them you obviously do not watch high school baseball very closely. If he played for Ryle he would be the best player in the region.:ylsuper:

 

:laugh:

  • Replies 45
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith is better than all of them you obviously do not watch high school baseball very closely. If he played for Ryle he would be the best player in the region.:ylsuper:

 

Oh I think you just might be surprised at just how much baseball coop watches a year! Trust me, he watches more than I do, and I watch a lot of HS baseball and you can ask anyone who knows me about how much I watch in a year..... Not too many days during the months from March to Aug will you not find me sitting on the diamond watching a game somewhere be it college, HS or summer ball.

Lets face it, If Smith wasn't 6'6"(?) he would probably not have a division 1 scholarship at this point. With that said, he is still a great player and one of the better pitchers in NKY. I don't believe he is a top 50 player in the state though. Prove me wrong!! :thumb:

Edited by bluegrass09
Changes

Smith is better than all of them you obviously do not watch high school baseball very closely. If he played for Ryle he would be the best player in the region.:ylsuper:

 

Oh my. Smith is not better than all of them, not even close.

 

Someone just hit the nail on the head. Without his large drame, he isn't pitching at a D1 school. Good player, not top 50 and not the best in NKY.

Smith is better than all of them you obviously do not watch high school baseball very closely. If he played for Ryle he would be the best player in the region.:ylsuper:

 

:lol: Your post is ridiculous on so many levels I'm not sure how to respond. I'll just get a good laugh out of it and let it slide by. But by all means, if you want to rank Smith as the #1 pitcher in NKY - or the state, for that matter - go for it. :rolleyes:

:lol: Your post is ridiculous on so many levels I'm not sure how to respond. I'll just get a good laugh out of it and let it slide by. But by all means, if you want to rank Smith as the #1 pitcher in NKY - or the state, for that matter - go for it. :rolleyes:

 

:notworthy: :lol:

:lol: Your post is ridiculous on so many levels I'm not sure how to respond. I'll just get a good laugh out of it and let it slide by. But by all means, if you want to rank Smith as the #1 pitcher in NKY - or the state, for that matter - go for it. :rolleyes:

 

Please explain to me how he is not even in the top 3 pitchers in Nky? I just do not get it? He throws harder than every pitcher that you named and if his control is there this year like it was last year, we will see who will be laughing at the end of the season. :dancingpa

Please explain to me how he is not even in the top 3 pitchers in Nky? I just do not get it? He throws harder than every pitcher that you named and if his control is there this year like it was last year, we will see who will be laughing at the end of the season. :dancingpa

 

How hard does he throw exactly? I'd highly doubt he is the hardest thrower/pitcher in NKY. And throwing hard doesn't make you better than anyone.

How hard does he throw exactly? I'd highly doubt he is the hardest thrower/pitcher in NKY. And throwing hard doesn't make you better than anyone.

 

:thumb::thumb: Too many uniformed people think that throwing hard is the end-all to beat-all. It is not all that tough to eventually time up a mid-80 mph fastball if that is all the pitcher offers. Not implying the Smith boy doesn't offer more than this, but to automatically equate someone's overall pitching quality based solely on the speed of their fastball is way off base.

Please explain to me how he is not even in the top 3 pitchers in Nky? I just do not get it? He throws harder than every pitcher that you named and if his control is there this year like it was last year, we will see who will be laughing at the end of the season. :dancingpa

 

As I previously stated, you are welcome to rank him wherever you like. Yes, he throws hard. For the most part, so do the other pitchers I listed, all of whom I think have better control and better off speed stuff. I have certainly never said Smith is not a good pitcher. He most definitely is. And I very sincerely hope he has a great college career. I root for anyone from the NKY area. But I just don't feel he's quite the overall pitcher at this point in time (and based on what I saw last season) as the others. And is has nothing to do with a Ryle/non-Ryle thing. If you'll notice, six of the pitchers I mentioned (and complimented) are non-Ryle pitchers.

Please explain to me how he is not even in the top 3 pitchers in Nky? I just do not get it? He throws harder than every pitcher that you named and if his control is there this year like it was last year, we will see who will be laughing at the end of the season. :dancingpa

 

I vote Smith best Pitcher ! All those in favor signify by saying "aayy". :isurrender:

I would say that Smith will hit 93 this year. He has good work ethics and power. My only problem with him is when the going gets tough, he sometimes doesn't deal with it. He's a great pitcher but I think his mental game is lacking.

I would say that Smith will hit 93 this year. He has good work ethics .

 

You can have more than one?

I'm just curious where you guys that watch alot of teams play would rank Daniel Hammons from Ludlow? Does he make the top 5 or 10?

I'm just curious where you guys that watch alot of teams play would rank Daniel Hammons from Ludlow? Does he make the top 5 or 10?

 

Top ten pitchers or overall players?

 

I would say top ten pitcher in NKY for certain. Being at Ludlow, he doesn't get nearly the "press" some of the other pitchers in NKY do, but he is very solid and should have a nice season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.