Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players

Featured Replies

Just curious, who is better than Smith?????

 

In the pitching category, I would say Isler, Nutini, Etschied, Roenker, Shuttlesworth, Murray, Conner, and Smallwood are all currently better than Smith. And that is not to imply that Smith is not a good pitcher and won't be a very good college pitcher, only that I think those kids are more complete pitchers overall right now.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not 100% for sure but normally any player that has signed a D1 scholarship automatically makes this list unless coaches don't submit the name and/or coaches are not a member of the KHSBCA. However, when dealing with this many players, it's easy to leave someone off.

 

Im just curious but Shuttleworth from Conner signed with Navy isn't that D1? Why is his name not on the list?

Eric Case from Harrison County should be added to this list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im just curious but Shuttleworth from Conner signed with Navy isn't that D1? Why is his name not on the list?

 

 

I believe he just recently signed.

Isler is a D1 player as well. Some on this list are not.

Isler is a D1 player as well. Some on this list are not.

 

He is a signed D1 player? I think that was the earlier poster's point - players that were already confirmed signed D1 players at the time this list was generated were automatically included (or supposed to be).

He is a signed D1 player? I think that was the earlier poster's point - players that were already confirmed signed D1 players at the time this list was generated were automatically included (or supposed to be).

 

Yeah that makes sense. Smith signed with Murray early this year, which is why he was automatically thrown into the mix. Well, if nothing else, this is a good list to see what players are signed to play ball. I just don't feel it has the most accurate top 50 players.

He is a signed D1 player? I think that was the earlier poster's point - players that were already confirmed signed D1 players at the time this list was generated were automatically included (or supposed to be).

 

No but he was offered 25% to Xavier I believe. Not sure.

Smith was signed for his "potential" of turning into a very good pitcher. He is a big tall kid that could stronger during his next four year, but he at this moment (IMO) he is not even close to being the third best NKy pitcher.

 

You must understand that I am speaking of a pitcher not a thrower. Smith throws but at this moment he isn't an outstanding pitcher yet, but he has the size and as thus has what some College coaches want and or are looking for....

 

Please Mr. Old Guy talk to Walt Turrell about this. I'm quite sure if the Smith kid went to CCH,Scott, or New Cath this would not have even warranted a post. Isler was only invited as a walk on.

Please Mr. Old Guy talk to Walt Turrell about this. I'm quite sure if the Smith kid went to CCH,Scott, or New Cath this would not have even warranted a post. Isler was only invited as a walk on. That is incorrect. Isler has an offer from Xavier and has others that are interested at this time.
Please Mr. Old Guy talk to Walt Turrell about this. I'm quite sure if the Smith kid went to CCH,Scott, or New Cath this would not have even warranted a post. Isler was only invited as a walk on.

That is incorrect. Isler has an offer from Xavier and has others that are interested at this time.

 

And let me be clear, I'm a very reliable source on this. :thumb:

I do not understand what Isler's offers have to do with any of this. He was offered a scholarship from Xavier, of that I'm sure but I don't know specifics. Smith was signed based on potential, and has the frame to be a good pitcher eventually and that's great! At this point, he is not a top 50 player. In NKY there are a few pitchers that are better than him, Isler being one and I'd throw Roenker, and even Nutini in there. We have two weeks until the season begins, where we'll get to see all these kids in action!

Please Mr. Old Guy talk to Walt Turrell about this. I'm quite sure if the Smith kid went to CCH, Scott, or New Cath this would not have even warranted a post. Isler was only invited as a walk on.

 

You have your opinion, and I have mine, but it just seems funny that over the course of the last two years, Elliott was the young man that Bwood went to, when they played their important games.....and not the Smith.

 

Never said he wasn't good but said he was signed because of what he can be and I will still say he isn't one of the best three pitchers in NKy.

 

BTW ask Cody Elliott's Mom and Dad if I didn't root for him, or maybe even Matt Nichols of Dixie Dad. Go ask Zac Adams Dad of Scott or EJ Murray, maybe you could ask Brad Krohman formerly of Boone if I rooted him on. Ask David Etscheid Mom and Dad if I rooted him on. Ask Mary Parrott if I root for her kids when they play. You see, I love to watch baseball and good baseball players and yes my team is CovCath like your team is Bwood, but a lot a baseball peple know that I love the game and love rooting on the kids, but I do understand who the very good players are and who the just good players are.

It appears as though we'll have to prove all questions during the season. See who the contenders and pretenders are. Looking for a great season, good luck to all players and more importantly teams

In the pitching category, I would say Isler, Nutini, Etschied, Roenker, Shuttlesworth, Murray, Conner, and Smallwood are all currently better than Smith. And that is not to imply that Smith is not a good pitcher and won't be a very good college pitcher, only that I think those kids are more complete pitchers overall right now.

 

Smith is better than all of them you obviously do not watch high school baseball very closely. If he played for Ryle he would be the best player in the region.:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.