Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 60 Dayton 58

Featured Replies

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck happened? Why only a 2 point win?

 

The game was at Dayton; might that have been a reason? I'm guessing more than likely Newport was looking squarely ahead to Highlands on Wednesday.

The game was at Dayton; might that have been a reason? I'm guessing more than likely Newport was looking squarely ahead to Highlands on Wednesday.

 

I thought I heard that the districts were at NCC?

I thought I heard that the districts were at NCC?

 

You're right. I was thinking about the 9th Region All "A," which was at Dayton. Sorry!

Wrong there too, All A was at Newport.

 

So, bottom line...I'm an idiot!:lol:

 

Let me just stop talking about the 36th District and 9th Region in general!

You're right. I was thinking about the 9th Region All "A," which was at Dayton. Sorry!

 

You had me worried since Im pretty sure Im going to the next game against Highlands. Would have been ticked if I went to the wrong gym!:irked:

It had nothing to do with the where the game was. It had to do with the fact that Dayton was the better team all night long. Start to finish. Opening tip to the final horn. And everyone that was up at NCC tonight knows it. Including the Newports fans and coaching staff.

 

There was a huge goaltend that was missed. Horribly inconsistant officiating. But that shouldn't overshadow the effort Dayton gave tonight.

 

Shonn Bowden owned Darnell all night. Bowden I believe finished with 22 points and around 15 boards and 5 or 6 blocks. Darnell fouled out with about 3 minutes left and might've had 8 total points, no more than a handful of rebounds.

 

Can't say enough about the effort that Dayton gave tonight. They will be a force to be reckoned with next season. They played nothing but juniors tonight.

 

Buttles will probably have more if he logs on tonight...

Dayton is a scrappy ballclub. They are going to be even better next year. Congrats to both teams. Im sure the Devils gave it their all and are mad but they will definitely come back next year a better team.

 

Newport better play the game of their life on Wed night against the Birds.

Dayton is a scrappy ballclub. They are going to be even better next year. Congrats to both teams. Im sure the Devils gave it their all and are mad but they will definitely come back next year a better team.

 

Newport better play the game of their life on Wed night against the Birds.

 

True stuff here.... It is very hard for them to appreciate it right now but they played their best game all season. They should remember this game next season. They showed a heart the size of Texas and gave themselves a chance, even getting a tip that was too strong at the final horn.

 

They should let this game drive them next season. They should be the best team in division III next season and could make noise in the All A Classic and in districts next year.

This Dayton team showed tremendous heart tonight. There were several instances where Newport made runs that could have killed the Greendevil's spirit, but they kept battling all night. The Greendevils were absolutely the better team tonight.

 

If Bowden builds on his late season run he could become one of the best big men in this area. Great performance by this young man and it couldn't come from a nicer kid.

 

I totally agree with the inconsistent officiating comment. The missed goaltend was HUGE, turned out to be a 4 point swing. The free throws that turned out to be the game winners came from a questionable foul call also. But like Uphill Battle posted, this shouldn't overshadow the game that the Greendevils played tonight. This game should be a great motivator for these kids during the summer.

 

Congrats to Newport on a hard fought win, but I for one, couldn't be prouder of the kids from Dayton. Thanks for giving the fans a great season, I can't wait to see you guys play next year!

Wow! What a great effort from the Dayton Greendevils!!!

 

I've believed all along that this team had potential and tonight must have put it all together. Newport is a top-notch competitor who has beaten NCC, Beechwood, Campbell County, and Brossart this season.

 

Tough loss for the Greendevils - build on it and get the job done next season.

 

Congratulations to Coach Dilts, his staff, and his Greendevils. :thumb:

Wow! What a great effort from the Dayton Greendevils!!!

 

I've believed all along that this team had potential and tonight must have put it all together. Newport is a top-notch competitor who has beaten NCC, Beechwood, Campbell County, and Brossart this season.

 

Tough loss for the Greendevils - build on it and get the job done next season.

 

Congratulations to Coach Dilts, his staff, and his Greendevils. :thumb:

 

I believe last season in a late stages of a blowout in the Brossart/Dayton game out at Bracken there was a Brossart radio announcer that made a comment about the young looking sophomore center from Dayton that had great potential... Wasn't that the case Mustang? That guy must be nostradamus because Bowden went off tonight....:thumb:

 

If Bowden builds on his late season run he could become one of the best big men in this area. Great performance by this young man and it couldn't come from a nicer kid.

 

Flat out, best player on the floor tonight....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.