Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard 74 George Rogers Clark 73

Featured Replies

Wow surprised GRC lost after hearing they were up early 21-5. Ballard has to be commended for their efforts.

 

Stenzel with 32? Kid is a stud. Can't wait to see how much he develops over the next two years.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe GRC will continue right on to the finals of their regional tournament. This will not set them back.

Haven't seen anyone else from the 10th this year. Obviously, Mason County is on track for another monster year. But it will take quite an achievement to knock off this GRC team. I was very impressed with them tonight.

Don't read much into the whole storming the court thing. It's easy to do at Ballard and usually happens anytime it's a close game going down to the buzzer. Sounds like an exciting game...wish I coulda been there.

Wow surprised GRC lost after hearing they were up early 21-5. Ballard has to be commended for their efforts.

 

Stenzel with 32? Kid is a stud. Can't wait to see how much he develops over the next two years.

 

I agree on all points. GRC is playing tough games but they seem to get in foul trouble, correct me if I am wrong Goldy.

 

Stenzel before its all over will be offered a D-1 scholly for sure. I heard his pops was an unbelievable player who was an All American at Bellarmine.

  • Author
I agree on all points. GRC is playing tough games but they seem to get in foul trouble, correct me if I am wrong Goldy.

 

Stenzel before its all over will be offered a D-1 scholly for sure. I heard his pops was an unbelievable player who was an All American at Bellarmine.

 

Thought his dad played at Berea, but I could be wrong.

 

On the whole we usually don't get in foul trouble, there has been a few games we have, and that is usually on the road, different region and refs. Robert Hatton had 4 fouls called on him last night, 3 were blocking fouls. Coach and the anouncers thought he clearly had position in all 3 calls. Again , different region and refs, you just have to learn to adjust.

I agree on all points. GRC is playing tough games but they seem to get in foul trouble, correct me if I am wrong Goldy.

 

Stenzel before its all over will be offered a D-1 scholly for sure. I heard his pops was an unbelievable player who was an All American at Bellarmine.

 

Thought his dad played at Berea, but I could be wrong.

 

On the whole we usually don't get in foul trouble, there has been a few games we have, and that is usually on the road, different region and refs. Robert Hatton had 4 fouls called on him last night, 3 were blocking fouls. Coach and the anouncers thought he clearly had position in all 3 calls. Again , different region and refs, you just have to learn to adjust.

 

 

Correct, thanks. I was thinking Berea but typed Bellarmine. LOL

  • Author

Article and stats in the Winchester Sun:

 

George Rogers Clark gave host Ballard all it could handle Friday night.

The Cardinals concluded the regular season with a heartbreaking 74-73 loss to the Bruins in Louisville.

 

Robbie Stenzel led the Cards with 32 points and scored 23 of those in the second half. Stenzel had five 3-pointers and drained a pair of crucial treys in the fourth quarter. Zollo scored 10 points in the first half, including eight in the second quarter. Zollo finished with 18 points, while Hatton chipped in with 13.

 

Wesley Cox paced the Bruins with 24 points and made a pair of 3-pointers in back-to-back fashion during the final minutes. It was Cox who made the assist to Chiles for the game-winner.

 

 

Clark 17 19 19 18 — 73

 

Ballard 04 28 16 26 — 74

 

CLARK (21-6) — Stenzel 32, Williams 6, Zollo 18, Hatton 13, Daniel 4.

 

BALLARD (22-6) — Cox 24, Chiles 16, Dow 6, Perkins 7, Means 2, Jones 11, Parker 3, Hardin 6

 

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18468&format=html

Article and stats in the Winchester Sun:

 

George Rogers Clark gave host Ballard all it could handle Friday night.

The Cardinals concluded the regular season with a heartbreaking 74-73 loss to the Bruins in Louisville.

 

Robbie Stenzel led the Cards with 32 points and scored 23 of those in the second half. Stenzel had five 3-pointers and drained a pair of crucial treys in the fourth quarter. Zollo scored 10 points in the first half, including eight in the second quarter. Zollo finished with 18 points, while Hatton chipped in with 13.

 

Wesley Cox paced the Bruins with 24 points and made a pair of 3-pointers in back-to-back fashion during the final minutes. It was Cox who made the assist to Chiles for the game-winner.

 

 

Clark 17 19 19 18 — 73

 

Ballard 04 28 16 26 — 74

 

CLARK (21-6) — Stenzel 32, Williams 6, Zollo 18, Hatton 13, Daniel 4.

 

BALLARD (22-6) — Cox 24, Chiles 16, Dow 6, Perkins 7, Means 2, Jones 11, Parker 3, Hardin 6

 

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18468&format=html

Tough loss for the Cards and a solid win for Ballard.

Goldie , we new they would be a hard out at home.:thumb:

  • Author
Tough loss for the Cards and a solid win for Ballard.

Goldie , we knew they would be a hard out at home.:thumb:

 

 

We did too. But a great game to end the season, to show how you stack up against a top team in the state, and get ready for post season play.

Now on to winning 5 in a row and make it to State.:thumb:

I agree on all points. GRC is playing tough games but they seem to get in foul trouble, correct me if I am wrong Goldy.

 

Stenzel before its all over will be offered a D-1 scholly for sure. I heard his pops was an unbelievable player who was an All American at Bellarmine.

 

I hope so. They are really nice people!

We did too. But a great game to end the season, to show how you stack up against a top team in the state, and get ready for post season play.

Now on to winning 5 in a row and make it to State.:thumb:

 

Good luck, hope you guys make it!!! One thing is for sure, GRC having played a very tough schedule, knows what they have ahead of them.

Edited by rockmom

We did too. But a great game to end the season, to show how you stack up against a top team in the state, and get ready for post season play.

Now on to winning 5 in a row and make it to State.:thumb:

 

Sounded like a great game and good luck the rest of the way!

I have a question, and don't read anymore into this than what it is. (It may not even be for this thread, but I thought Goldy or someone could provide an opinion).

 

If this same Ballard team, and Mason County as well loses to Elliott by double digits, what sort of game would Clark County give the Lions? Then again, we may see this at Rupp!

 

Anyway, for all accounts, a great game was to be seen in Louisville last night!

I have a question, and don't read anymore into this than what it is. (It may not even be for this thread, but I thought Goldy or someone could provide an opinion).

 

If this same Ballard team, and Mason County as well loses to Elliott by double digits, what sort of game would Clark County give the Lions? Then again, we may see this at Rupp!

 

Anyway, for all accounts, a great game was to be seen in Louisville last night!

 

I have watched all the teams you mentioned and you would see another barn burner IMO. With the Cards at full strength it would probably be a good match up. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Elliott is quicker than many believe and are after every possession. If Elliott's shots are falling they would get the edge, but you can't sell out the Cards. They have played a tough schedule and will be prepared in the districts. This time of year , polls mean nothing.:idunno::thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.