Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish Frys

Featured Replies

We had a thread like this last year . With Lent upon us is your Church , School or Organisation sponsoring a Fish Fry this year ? I know St Therese in Southgate is sponsoring one for the first time this year .

Where is the best one near you ?

I know St. Therese in Southgate is sponsoring one for the first time this year.
Do you think it will be a good one?

St. Gabriel in Fern Creek is awesome! St. Agnes on Newburg Road, has an awesome one as well!

  • Author
Do you think it will be a good one?
I have no idea but since it is my Parish I will patronize it until proven otherwise .

Mary Queen of Heaven has very good fish.

  • Author
MARY QUEEN OF HEAVEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD ONE HOWEVER THEY ARE VERY OVER PRICED.JD
Never had a problem paying what was asked . I knew that the proceeds were going to a good cause .

Any in Lexington? I hate eating out, but this one cause that is worth it.

The Elks in Cold Spring has great fish!

Mary Queen of Heaven has very good fish.

 

:ylsuper: Very good fish. I havent been there in a couple of years, but I loved how the kids worked there as well, cleaning tables etc.

St. Gabriel in Fern Creek is awesome! St. Agnes on Newburg Road, has an awesome one as well!

 

St.Albert is the Greatest fish fry in Louisville!

  • Author
:ylsuper: Very good fish. I havent been there in a couple of years, but I loved how the kids worked there as well, cleaning tables etc.
Good way to earn service hours !
St.Albert is the Greatest fish fry in Louisville!

 

I've never been to Albert. I may have to try that out. My good friends and I like to hit up all the parishes we grew up in while they are going on. For us that meant St. Margaret Mary, St. James, St. Pius and, for me, the late, great... Mother of Good Counsel (though I'm sure its current incarnation as St. Bernadette South will do something).

They also have the "Podfather".

Will mention two:

 

Immaculate Heart of Mary in Burlington, Ky. Really good stuff.

 

St. Leo's Murray, Ky. Now understand I have never eaten fish at this Parish, but my daughter tells me that St. Leo's Catfish Fry beats any fish fry she has ever eaten at in NKy and that includes Mary Queen of Heaven, IHM, and even the Greyhound Tavern. She raves about the Catfish....

 

On a side note the Newman House students of Murray State University will be selling their award winning Burgoo on Sunday March 1 at St. Leo's in Murray Ky. I have eaten the Burgoo and it is better than the Burgoo you eat at Keenland Race Track or anywhere else for that matter. We buy two gallons of the stuff and our daughter freezes it for us and when we come down we bring it back home. Now talk about some great eating.....:clap::ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.