Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark vs Franklin County 2/17

Which team will win? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As the new rankings come out today and tomorrow morning this game will become an even more hyped match-up because both teams will likely move up. Cantrall #11 FC vs. #13 GRC. I think the new BGP and AP poll come out tomorrow morning. I would guess that at least one team would be in the top 10 in those. My prediction- BGP #9 FC vs. #10 GRC...AP poll- #8 FC vs. #11 GRC

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be an exciting game. I hope the outcome is different than this summer. Both teams have several players who can play the game. All have their strengths and weaknesses. It should be a hard fought and fun game to watch. Not many H.S. games for some of the kids I wish them all well.

Should be a great game and will be close. I gotta go with GRC by 5....

I will give FC the edge, I think FC will win the rebound battle, this in part to the pressure that will be put on the GRC shooters, it should be one of the best games of the season. This is a test I feel FC will be ready for.

County hasn't played their best ball yet. That is the only prediction I'll make. This one is a toss up. It will come down to whoever wants it the most.

I would only agree with this if FC's guards (Meyer, Hall, Hicks) get in serious foul trouble. If Hall and Meyer are in the game at the same time most of the game it will be difficult for GRC to turn them over. I say this based on how they have played this season. They are both extremely strong with the ball and usually make very good decisions.

 

These teams did play early last season at GRC and FC came away with the win. Both teams had football players just come out. The difference now is GRC has added Zollo. They also played this past summer. I think both teams were missing players. FC was without Hicks, Conner and maybe Watkins, GRC was without Williams.Zollo was still hurt. FC won that game. I don't think you can put a lot of stock in a summer game, but I do know that FC did not turn the ball over against Hatton and Stenzil.

 

Not sure but I would say that Hall and Meyer probably havent gone up against such a tenacious defender in Ryan Williams his quickness, low center of gravity, and excellent footwork creates tons of problems for opposing teams that is how the Cards put it to Clay Co. they got into them early and got them down and GRC never looked back!

Not sure but I would say that Hall and Meyer probably havent gone up against such a tenacious defender in Ryan Williams his quickness, low center of gravity, and excellent footwork creates tons of problems for opposing teams that is how the Cards put it to Clay Co. they got into them early and got them down and GRC never looked back!

 

I hope the GRC coaching staff is using this as their scouting report. I'm sure Hall and Meyer, if they were on here, would laugh out loud at this. I believe that have faced quickness, speed, and great defenders this year and throughout their careers. They even faced Williams last season, and didn't seem to go weak in the knees.

Not sure but I would say that Hall and Meyer probably havent gone up against such a tenacious defender in Ryan Williams his quickness, low center of gravity, and excellent footwork creates tons of problems for opposing teams that is how the Cards put it to Clay Co. they got into them early and got them down and GRC never looked back!
They went up against Williams last season. They've seen quicker in the Stop DWI Classic in New York. Also Deron Hicks for FC is an extremely quick defender. I'm not knocking Williams, I just believe they have faced similar quckness this high school season as well as during the past summer on the AAU circuit.

 

But you may be right GRC4life, Franklin County will probably lay an egg in this one.

Edited by FANOFTHE11th

  • Author

I plan on attending this game, and looking forward to watching two good programs go after it and leave it all on the floor. Franklin Co has been flying under the radar this year and I look forward to finally getting to see them play.

Not sure but I would say that Hall and Meyer probably havent gone up against such a tenacious defender in Ryan Williams his quickness, low center of gravity, and excellent footwork creates tons of problems for opposing teams that is how the Cards put it to Clay Co. they got into them early and got them down and GRC never looked back!

 

I guess playing in the 11th region for the past 3 years FC's guards havent had any quick tenacious defenders on them. I guess Guyn and Jackson at Scott County dont play tenacious defense. Ohh wait they played Holmes the last two years also, guess no defense there. Anyone else, lets see ESPN has Jamesville-Dewitt out of New York ranked 26th in the country right now, they must not play defense on guards either. I feel so lucky that FC is finally going to get to play against a team that plays solid defense on our guards. Barrett, Vance, and Deron you should feel honored right now. :notworthy:

 

Sadly, I am going to be out of town tonight for work and have to miss this one. I have been looking forward to this game all year. Even though FC is probably only the 4th or 5th best team in the region this year, and we havent had anyone play defense against us, we can make this a competetive game. Go Flyers!!

Not sure but I would say that Hall and Meyer probably havent gone up against such a tenacious defender in Ryan Williams his quickness, low center of gravity, and excellent footwork creates tons of problems for opposing teams that is how the Cards put it to Clay Co. they got into them early and got them down and GRC never looked back!

 

Williams does have great quickness, but he doesn't have length. Other teams FC has played have kids that can match his quickness and possess length. Meyer usually draws the other teams best defending guard and here are some defenders that he's faced the past 2 years that are better than Williams on defense: Arrez Henderson (Holmes), Rico/J.J. Johnson (Holmes), Ge'Lawn Guyn (Scott County), Brandon Triche (Jamesville DeWitt, NY), and Ronald Baker from Wings Academy out of Brooklyn who is extremely quick and will sign with a division 1 program in the spring. I don't think Williams will guard Meyer because of size but I doubt he defends as well as any of these players. And these same players have also guarded Hall at times in the same games.

GRC by 6

Clark Co. 68-64.

I think these 2 teams are fairly even, but I will give Franklin Co. the advantage being at home. Franklin Co. is a tough place to play. When all things being fairly equal I will side with the home team. As far as matchup goes I believe the 1 pretty good advantage Franklin has is Connor over Daniel. Daniel is a nice player and will be great down the road, but Connor is very physical and a mature kid.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.