Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark vs Franklin County 2/17

Which team will win? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'd probably give GRC the advantage at the guard position off the bench but give FC the advantage down low off the bench.

 

Agree on the guards, we have Bailey, Martin, Brewer, and Thomas.

Inside is now were we are weak. At the beginning of the season this was our stong point. Rogers, and then Pervis and Daniels off the bench. Now Daniels has to start and we bring in 6'1 Dini. He is the starting QB on teh football team and is a great defender. He too is a Sophomore and just needs more experience.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Corey Rogers at the Mason Co. game!! He told us that he hoped to be back by tournament time. I am going to go with Clark Co by 3.

I really don't see any mismatches.

 

Williams v Hicks should be a defensive battle. Neither are known for their scoring abilities but both can flat out get after it on the defensive side.

 

Hatton v Hall- IMO these two are mirror images of one another. I might give Hatton the slight advantage offensively though.

 

Stenzel v Meyer is another great match up. Both can fill it up from outside and are great off the dribble. I see it being an offensive show down between these two.

Daniels v Connor- Another pretty even match up. Both are athletic big men that can really get up there. I might give Daniels the advantage as far as athleticism but would say Connor is the stronger and more physical of the two.

 

Zollo v Donovan is another pretty even match up. Zollo can play inside or out but I'd give him the advantage inside and give Donovan the advantage outside. I was very impressed with Andy's range in the Holmes game.

 

Agree with all match-ups but Hatton v Hall. Hatton is a shooter, Hall is a drive first guy. Hall has great post moves for a guard and I think Hatton is very thin and a little on the weak side. Hall could dominate him inside and on the offensive glass. I could also see the match-ups inside switching up. Zollo could possibly guard Conner since he stays on the block and Daniels on Donovan since he plays the perimeter more.

Agree with all match-ups but Hatton v Hall. Hatton is a shooter, Hall is a drive first guy. Hall has great post moves for a guard and I think Hatton is very thin and a little on the weak side. Hall could dominate him inside and on the offensive glass. I could also see the match-ups inside switching up. Zollo could possibly guard Conner since he stays on the block and Daniels on Donovan since he plays the perimeter more.

 

Hatton is weak??? have you ever seen Hatton play? He is one of the more physical defenders who isn't afraid to get up on you and play hard nose defense! I'll say GRC by 11 I kno it's a little more than most think but GRC plays well against top teams and I have a good feeling about this one!

Hatton is weak??? have you ever seen Hatton play? He is one of the more physical defenders who isn't afraid to get up on you and play hard nose defense! I'll say GRC by 11 I kno it's a little more than most think but GRC plays well against top teams and I have a good feeling about this one!

 

I have seen him many times and he is very good. He might not be afraid to get in someone and even if he does play hard nose defense I was strictly talking about physical size and not how he plays. Do you disagree that he is thin?

To keep my string of predictions going.

Franklin by three.:D

  • Author
To keep my string of predictions going.

Franklin by three.:D

 

:thumb:

There are some great matchups in this game and I think it will be very entertaining. The ones mentioned are likely but there will be other matchups within the game as I think FC will switch their guards on Hatton. Stenzil, and Williams.

 

The game will come down to who defends better and makes the other team take more difficult shots..

 

Should have a good crowd and a great high school basketball atmosphere.

  • Author
There are some great matchups in this game and I think it will be very entertaining. The ones mentioned are likely but there will be other matchups within the game as I think FC will switch their guards on Hatton. Stenzil, and Williams.

 

The game will come down to who defends better and makes the other team take more difficult shots.[/quote]

 

This is how we took Clay Co out of their game in the first few minutes of the first quarter. Ryan Williams was a big part of it with his defense, deflections and causing them to make turnovers.

Agree with all match-ups but Hatton v Hall. Hatton is a shooter, Hall is a drive first guy. Hall has great post moves for a guard and I think Hatton is very thin and a little on the weak side. Hall could dominate him inside and on the offensive glass. I could also see the match-ups inside switching up. Zollo could possibly guard Conner since he stays on the block and Daniels on Donovan since he plays the perimeter more.

 

Never seen Zollo but have heard good things about him, how is his quickness, if taken away from the post on defense can he guard a smaller quicker player?

I have seen him many times and he is very good. He might not be afraid to get in someone and even if he does play hard nose defense I was strictly talking about physical size and not how he plays. Do you disagree that he is thin?

 

He is thin but deceivingly so he is very strong and I have played with Robert many times I am a big guy at about 6'5" 315 and Robert can hold his own in the paint being very good at boxing out and using his quickness against another players size!

 

Welcome to BGP grccardinal1976!

  • Author

Glad to have you grccardinal1976. Nice to see more GRC fans joining. If you need anything, just ask a Mod.

He is thin but deceivingly so he is very strong and I have played with Robert many times I am a big guy at about 6'5" 315 and Robert can hold his own in the paint being very good at boxing out and using his quickness against another players size!

 

Welcome to BGP grccardinal1976!

I agree that Hatton is a very good player. I guess first time I saw him play he was in 3rd grade. He is fudamentally sound and is a very good shooter. If FC does not contest his shot and make it difficult it could be a long night for FC.

 

FC's strength has been defense. If you look at the points their opponents have scored per game, they rank near the top in the 11th region. With the offensive power GRC has, this game should be a real test.

I agree that Hatton is a very good player. I guess first time I saw him play he was in 3rd grade. He is fudamentally sound and is a very good shooter. If FC does not contest his shot and make it difficult it could be a long night for FC.

 

FC's strength has been defense. If you look at the points their opponents have scored per game, they rank near the top in the 11th region. With the offensive power GRC has, this game should be a real test.

 

I agree Franklin is a very good defensive team and GRC has there moments where they pick up the pressure and force alot of turnovers this is usually where they start to pull away and take control of the game if GRC comes out playing good hard defense early in the game then I look for the Cards to have control of this game all night and really put it to FC.

I agree Franklin is a very good defensive team and GRC has there moments where they pick up the pressure and force alot of turnovers this is usually where they start to pull away and take control of the game if GRC comes out playing good hard defense early in the game then I look for the Cards to have control of this game all night and really put it to FC.

I would only agree with this if FC's guards (Meyer, Hall, Hicks) get in serious foul trouble. If Hall and Meyer are in the game at the same time most of the game it will be difficult for GRC to turn them over. I say this based on how they have played this season. They are both extremely strong with the ball and usually make very good decisions.

 

These teams did play early last season at GRC and FC came away with the win. Both teams had football players just come out. The difference now is GRC has added Zollo. They also played this past summer. I think both teams were missing players. FC was without Hicks, Conner and maybe Watkins, GRC was without Williams.Zollo was still hurt. FC won that game. I don't think you can put a lot of stock in a summer game, but I do know that FC did not turn the ball over against Hatton and Stenzil.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.