Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7,000 Points

Featured Replies

  • Author
I never said anything about what they will accomplish in college, I just said wait a few years maybe after they graduate from college. Most schools, when they choose to retire jerseys, wait a few years, maybe longer, before finally choosing to hand the jerseys in the rafters.

 

Why?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

 

I don't understand this philosophy either . . . I guess I'm too much into instant gratification! :D

Nobody should ever wear 1,2 , and 4 again on that court. They need to hang them from the Rafters. Those 3 are the best to ever play at Elliott Co.

 

I agree 100%

Gotta get there early to get a seat in the gym and not have to wait 30 minutes to get your refreshments!!!!:laugh:

 

Heard that! Actually I started sneaking in an Ale-8 or two in my coat pockets. That way I avoided the concession stand alltogether. Um....wonder if I could sneak in a hot dog from the Frosty Freeze? Probably not a good idea.

Something special should definetly be done...How about waiting till the Knipps are out and doing something for all 5 at once. Not from you guys community but I can surely appreciate what these kids have done.....Elliot County's Fiddlin Five!

Something special should definetly be done...How about waiting till the Knipps are out and doing something for all 5 at once. Not from you guys community but I can surely appreciate what these kids have done.....Elliot County's Fiddlin Five!

 

Well . . . C. Knipp is a senior now! IMO T. Knipp can have his added upon his graduation depending upon his overall stats/performance during his HS career.

If you are going to retire the jerseys I'd at least wait a couple years after they get out of high school to retire them. Maybe after they graduate from college?

 

I agree, wait a couple of years, doesn't have to be a long time. I believe it would make it all the sweeter to be able to relieve the moment of this historic year.

 

Either way great year and great job by those three.

Do it right after season's over. Any one else reaches 2000 or 3000

add them when they get it.

Do it right after season's over. Any one else reaches 2000 or 3000

add them when they get it.

 

:thumb:

It is an amazing feat that will probably never be seen in the 16th region again. They have to be one of the top two or three scoring trios in State History.

 

I think the only trio in the 16th region that could have done this had they all stayed together and out of trouble would have been OJ, Billy Walker and Marques Dawson (I think that was his name, correct me if I am wrong) at Rose Hill, but obviously things did not work out and everyone went their separate ways.

Harlan High School in the mid 90's may have come close to this. Charles Thomas had over 3,000 and between any 2 of Todd Cox, Casey Lester, Mike Jones, or Nathan Blanton they could've been close. All of those guys had somewhere between 1,300 - 2,000.

It is an amazing feat that will probably never be seen in the 16th region again. They have to be one of the top two or three scoring trios in State History.

 

I think the only trio in the 16th region that could have done this had they all stayed together and out of trouble would have been OJ, Billy Walker and Marques Dawson (I think that was his name, correct me if I am wrong) at Rose Hill, but obviously things did not work out and everyone went their separate ways.

 

IMO this may never happen in the state again. I wonder how many combined the Faulkners, the Knipps, and Ferguson have combined for in their years so far. Has to have been a heckuva lot. I am with you all, any trio that can do this deserves to have their jersey hanging, and I would do it first game of next season at halftime in front of the crowd IMO.

The "big three" of the Mason County girls team that graduated in 2008 had over 7,000.

 

Chambers - 2967

Cline - 2543

Litzinger - 1572

 

7082 total

The "big three" of the Mason County girls team that graduated in 2008 had over 7,000.

 

Chambers - 2967

Cline - 2543

Litzinger - 1572

 

7082 total

 

You just beat me. I was just adding up the point totals. Add a fourth in Keller Menke, who will finish over 1,000.

So . . . how many calls did Elliott's BOE and AD recieve today??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.