Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7,000 Points

Featured Replies

Elliott County's trio of Ferguson, Ethan and Evan Faulkner now have a combined total of over 7,000 points. Has any Kentucky high school ever held this record?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the answer to your question but . . . IMO these three outstanding young men/players should be recognized for their ability/capability and feel that their accomplishments should be recognized not only in our current community but to set a goal for future young men/women who aspire to play basketball in Elliott County. These guys should have their jersey's retired and encased in the Elliott County gymnasium.

 

I am ALL ABOUT supporting kids so . . . everyone needs to voice their opinions!! I don't think the administration would be adverse to the idea (and they might have already thought about it) but showing them that the community is supportive will insure this occurs!!!

  • Author

Definitely retire the jerseys and hang them in the gym. They have made history.:ylsuper::eek::jump::banana::notworthy::clap:

The Rose HILL girls team a few years ago had around 9,000 but that was with transfers.

  • Author
The Rose HILL girls team a few years ago had around 9,000 but that was with transfers.

 

 

WOW, was this 9,000 points with three players?

Team total. The top three had 7,000 plus

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Nobody should ever wear 1,2 , and 4 again on that court. They need to hang them from the Rafters. Those 3 are the best to ever play at Elliott Co.

Nobody should ever wear 1,2 , and 4 again on that court. They need to hang them from the Rafters. Those 3 are the best to ever play at Elliott Co.

 

I agree 100%. These point totals will never be approached again especially by 3 players that played on the same team all the way up ,at least in our area that is.

Nobody should ever wear 1,2 , and 4 again on that court. They need to hang them from the Rafters. Those 3 are the best to ever play at Elliott Co.

 

Couldn't agree more. There once was a retired jersey in the gym. It's now been moved to lobby ?? I think the gym is where these jerseys belong. It wasn't the lobby where these kids spent thousands of hours alone refining their skills.

 

Maybe they should retire my jersey for the lobby. That's where I've spent thousand of hours waiting in the concession stand line.

Couldn't agree more. There once was a retired jersey in the gym. It's now been moved to lobby ?? I think the gym is where these jerseys belong. It wasn't the lobby where these kids spent thousands of hours alone refining their skills.

 

Maybe they should retire my jersey for the lobby. That's where I've spent thousand of hours waiting in the concession stand line.

 

Gotta get there early to get a seat in the gym and not have to wait 30 minutes to get your refreshments!!!!:laugh:

1, 2, and 4 should be hung from the rafters in the gym never to be worn again. They need to be big jerseys with their names and numbers on them that can be readily seen when one walks into the gym and immediately catches your eye. I think it should have a special ceremony where they are raised to their permanent location.

 

Sounds like a lot of big hoopla. Well 7,000 points by these three rates a special kind of big hoopla!!!

 

Let's start a campaign and make it happen. GET R DUN as the Cable Guy would say.

If you are going to retire the jerseys I'd at least wait a couple years after they get out of high school to retire them. Maybe after they graduate from college?

If you are going to retire the jerseys I'd at least wait a couple years after they get out of high school to retire them. Maybe after they graduate from college?

 

Why? :idunno:

 

I don't think that what they accomplish in college has any bearing on the historical significance they have accomplished in Elliott County.

Why? :idunno:

 

I don't think that what they accomplish in college has any bearing on the historical significance they have accomplished in Elliott County.

 

I never said anything about what they will accomplish in college, I just said wait a few years maybe after they graduate from college. Most schools, when they choose to retire jerseys, wait a few years, maybe longer, before finally choosing to hand the jerseys in the rafters.

I don't know the answer to your question but . . . IMO these three outstanding young men/players should be recognized for their ability/capability and feel that their accomplishments should be recognized not only in our current community but to set a goal for future young men/women who aspire to play basketball in Elliott County. These guys should have their jersey's retired and encased in the Elliott County gymnasium.

 

I am ALL ABOUT supporting kids so . . . everyone needs to voice their opinions!! I don't think the administration would be adverse to the idea (and they might have already thought about it) but showing them that the community is supportive will insure this occurs!!!

 

I think this is a great idea! Maybe during your basketball banquet this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.