Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State title contenders

Featured Replies

I have put in groups who I think has the best chances. It's still early, I didnt consider the brackets.

 

Group A, most likely to be playing in championship game:

Scott Co.

 

Group B, other teams with a good chance:

Eastern

Elliott Co

Holmes

Jeffersontown

Shelby Valley

 

Group C, teams that could if got hot or alittle luck:

Ballard

Bryan Station

Boone Co

Clark Co

Corbin

 

Group D, best of the rest in no order:

Mason Co

Lex Cath.

Warren Central

Christian Co

Dunbar

Franklin Co

Anderson Co

Mulenburg North

PRP

Bardstown

North Hardin

Adair Co

Male

 

No doubt I missed some.

I have put in groups who I think has the best chances. It's still early, I didnt consider the brackets.

 

Group A, most likely to be playing in championship game:

Scott Co.

 

Group B, other teams with a good chance:

Eastern

Elliott Co

Holmes

Jeffersontown

Shelby Valley

 

Group C, teams that could if got hot or alittle luck:

Ballard

Bryan Station

Boone Co

Clark Co

Corbin

 

Group D, best of the rest in no order:

Mason Co

Lex Cath.

Warren Central

Christian Co

Dunbar

Franklin Co

Anderson Co

Mulenburg North

PRP

Bardstown

North Hardin

Adair Co

Male

 

No doubt I missed some.

 

I think the team that is most likely to be in the state finals in the champion of the 7th region. The have the best draw in the State Tourney.

 

Whoever wins the 9th, 10th, & 11 have an extremely tough road to get there.

I have put in groups who I think has the best chances. It's still early, I didnt consider the brackets.

 

Group A, most likely to be playing in championship game:

Scott Co.

 

Group B, other teams with a good chance:

Eastern

Elliott Co

Holmes

Jeffersontown

Shelby Valley

 

Group C, teams that could if got hot or alittle luck:

Ballard

Bryan Station

Boone Co

Clark Co

Corbin

 

Group D, best of the rest in no order:

Mason Co

Lex Cath.

Warren Central

Christian Co

Dunbar

Franklin Co

Anderson Co

Mulenburg North

PRP

Bardstown

North Hardin

Adair Co

Male

 

No doubt I missed some.

 

I think you have to take the bracket into some consideration. No doubt all 7th region teams and Corbin out of the 13 have a legit shot at the championship. Whoever wins that first round game I see being in the State championship game. Anybody out of the lower bracket could come out of there as well. I would drop Shelby Valley to group C and have Mason in there as well but besides that looks good to me. :thumb:

IMO the winner of the second round game between 9/2 v 11/4 wins the state title.

  • Author

I will have a better feel for Ballard after tonights game, if they win of the road tonight I would have to move them up and if they won big might move Elliott Co down.

Tonights performance should convince everyone that Elliott will be a major contender at the Sweet 16!

EC will be especially dangerous early in the tourney. Depth will be a factor that will prevent them from winning the title IMHO. However, they are one of the 6-8 teams capable of winning it - I just don't see it because of the depth factor. Best wishes to them. Quite a story and a very good h.s. basketball team.

You are right, Elliott is not as deep as I wish. However, the starting 5 can play a game with the same intensity from start to finish, which is one of their strong points. Thanks for the compliment!:thumb:

EC will be especially dangerous early in the tourney. Depth will be a factor that will prevent them from winning the title IMHO. However, they are one of the 6-8 teams capable of winning it - I just don't see it because of the depth factor. Best wishes to them. Quite a story and a very good h.s. basketball team.

I am anxious to see who comes out of the 7th, 9th, 11th just to name a few. 7th has 3 really good teams, 9th just witnessed its "best team" stumble, and the 11th is stacked as well even though they have a big favorite in Scott Co, Lex Cath, Bryan Station, or Franklin Co can knock them off if they are hot and the ball isn't bouncing Scott Co's way. I think EC will be in from the 16th, and between the 7th, 9th, 11th, 16th we should find our champ IMO. But thats why they play the games.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

I think your first two groups are acurate!

I like the first two groups also.

 

I believe you could argue that due to the strength of their regional tourneys, that maybe you drop Scott Co. down to group 2 and Eastern and Jtown down to group 3. Due to the draw of the Sweet Sixteen you could argue also that Corbin should be moved up to group 2. But then that may move Eastern and Jtown back up.

 

With this being said, I like to ramble too much. I like the first 2 groups the way they are.

I like the first two groups also.

 

I believe you could argue that due to the strength of their regional tourneys, that maybe you drop Scott Co. down to group 2 and Eastern and Jtown down to group 3. Due to the draw of the Sweet Sixteen you could argue also that Corbin should be moved up to group 2. But then that may move Eastern and Jtown back up.

 

With this being said, I like to ramble too much. I like the first 2 groups the way they are.

:lol: I agree, I think?:confused:

Elliott has thrown their hat into the ring now as a legitimate conteder, but to have Scott as the only absolute lock, when Holmes beat them head to head is a little puzzling.

 

Holmes

Scott Co

Eastern

Elliott

 

are the four teams I think with the best chance to win state. I was down on EC all season, but this week was one of the toughest weeks for any team in the state this season and this week was a heck of step in the right direction.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.