Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Newport Central Catholic 44

Featured Replies

Final.

Edited by STRIKE3
edit Title to proper format (Newport Central Catholic)

  • Replies 87
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for Eta's take on things.

Did Pittman play?

 

Yes.:ylsuper:

Pittman started and played most of the game. I think he finished with 18.

Nice bounce back win for Coach Henley and the Bulldogs!

NCC 10 8 10 16 44

Holmes 20 9 17 10 56

 

Riley 8

D Johnson 4

E Pittman 18 1 dunk 1 missed dunk

R Johnson 12 1 missed dunk

B Housley 6 1 dunk

J Johnson 8 1 dunk

Did Pittman play?

 

Yes, He finished with 18 points and a missed one hand dunk. I wasn't there I wonder was it the hand with the sore wrist lol

Yes, He finished with 18 points and a missed one hand dunk. I wasn't there I wonder was it the hand with the sore wrist lol

 

No it wasn't.

I think it was a joke :popcorn:

I think it was a joke :popcorn:

 

Right. But it would be a legit reason for him to miss. It was what was going through my mind from before the start of the game.

I think it was a joke :popcorn:

 

Hints the "lol".

Hints the "lol".

 

Right I got it. I just wanted to clear it up because it really would be a legit reason for him to miss, and had I not we would have had a member on here telling everyone that it was the reason it was missed.:sssh:

Just got in from the game...wasn't as close as the final might indicate.

 

First quarter Holmes jumped out to a 10-3 lead after back to back 3's by DJ and Pittman. NCC responded at the other end with a bucket, but a personal 5-0 run by Rico with 2 free throws and a 3 put Holmes up 13-5. At the 2:58 mark Conner came down and hit a 3 to close NCC within 5 at 13-8 but Pittman and JJ hit back to back jumpers to put Holmes up 17-8. NCC then got a basket at the other end but a 3 by Pittman seconds before the end of the first closed out a 7-2 run for Holmes to put then up 20-10 at the end of one. Pittman led all scorers with 8 and I believe Connor had 5 or 6 for NCC.

 

Second quarter, not much excitement. Holmes started the quarter on an 8-2 run, keyed by a one hand dunk by Housely at the 4:51 mark. NCC responded with another 3 to close within 28-15 after JJ hit a jumper. DJ hit one of two free throws to put Holmes up 29-15 at the 1:03 mark, but NCC, again, responded with a 3 to head in to the lockerroom down 29-18 at the half. Pittman played less than 5 minutes in the second quarter.

 

Third quarter was back and forth for the first few minutes. Right out of the half Rico got an "and one" to put Holmes up 32-18. NCC went on a 5-0 run after this, including a 3 by Pangallo to put the Breds down by 9 at 32-23. Holmes scored 4 straight to go back up 13 at 36-23, but another 3 by Connor closed NCC to within 10. After this, it'd be all Holmes the rest of the quarter. Pittman knocked down another 3 at the other end and then Holmes got a turnover which led to a break away, J. Johnson dunk to put Holmes up 41-26. Pangallo got a nice up and under at the other end at the 2:56 mark, but that'd be the last points for NCC of the quarter. Pittman then provided a little excitement for all the fans. He got the ball on the baseline out on the arc, head faked, and blew by his man and threw it down hard with one hand over 2 NCC defenders. Riley then hit a 3 at the buzzer to give Holmes a 46-28 lead at the end of 3.

 

Fourth quarter Holmes started getting a little sloppy and slowed the ball down some after several turnovers which allowed NCC to get back in the game. NCC started the fourth on a 7-2 run to close within 48-35 but a lay up by Riley pushed the lead back up to 15 at 50-35. NCC then went on 9-2 run to close within 9 at 53-44, but Holmes sealed the deal down the stretch at the line to give you the final of 56-44. Holmes started slowing the ball down around the 3 minute mark when they were up 15, but turned it over several times which allowed NCC to make the run that they did to close out the game and make the score more respectable.

 

For NCC, they shot the ball well from outside. Probably the only reason they kept it close as nobody could really score around the rim, other than Jake Geisler while Pittman was out. Connor, Pangallo, and Meyer all knocked down several big 3's tonight to keep Holmes from turning it in to a blowout. Pangallo is VERY quick with the ball and Connor has a nice stroke from outside. I still don't understand why he doesn't start. IMO he provides much more than the Olberding kid. NCC needs to work on their press breaker though. Other than Pangallo using his quickness to break it himself several times, NCC really struggled against it.

 

For Holmes, Pittman was the man tonight. I believe he led all scorers with 18 points and that was in probably 20 minutes. He sat out the last 3 minutes of the first quarter, first 3 minutes of second quarter, last 3 minutes of third quarter, and first 3 minutes of 4th quarter. Henley had a great plan as to how to use him tonight. I was glad to finally see Henley use the press more as well. I think that could be a huge advantage for them down the stretch. Worked well against Boone on Tues and gave NCC a lot of problems tonight.

 

All in all a solid win, but Holmes has to learn to finish better. They should have easily won this by 20+ but with Pittman playing the minutes that he did, I'm sure the Holmes coaching staff is pleased with the W.

Right I got it. I just wanted to clear it up because it really would be a legit reason for him to miss, and had I not we would have had a member on here telling everyone that it was the reason it was missed.:sssh:

 

I got ya :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.