Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For the first time in my life, I am embarassed to be a Kentucky Fan...

Featured Replies

Again, UK fans just need to chill out. I believe they'll be back to normal soon enough. Think of this time period as the eighties. Really nothing good for UK basketball... But here within the next decade or so they should be doing just fine.

 

The 80's weren't that bad. It was a lot of peaks and valleys. (Biggest valley was '89)

 

There were some High Rankings, big win seasons, a Final Four and a couple of Final 8's that each could have been Final 4's if one play changes at the end. Most every year I always thought we were a contender. I haven't thought that about my Cats since '04 or '03 now.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 80's weren't that bad. It was a lot of peaks and valleys. (Biggest valley was '89)

 

There were some High Rankings, big win seasons, a Final Four and a couple of Final 8's that each could have been Final 4's if one play changes at the end. Most every year I always thought we were a contender. I haven't thought that about my Cats since '04 or '03 now.

1984 was a great team...:thumb:If not for a 12%? second half shooting against G-town in the Final Four I think they win it all...:thumb:

Its been quite a while, isn't this "normal"?

 

No. Wasn't it just 4 or 5 years ago that UK was had a #1 ranking? Granted no championship, but they were good.

The problem with you UK i think is that only one player shoots all the "TIME!", and we all know who that is "MEEKS!", and if he is not on fire during the game, the whole team is shot. So whats wrong with Patterson and Miller?

 

Funny thing is, Meeks doesn't really shoot that much for as much as he scores. And the majority of his shots are actually very good looks.

 

And the problem with Miller is that he is extremely inconsistent and seems timid at this young stage of his career. Coming from numerous people who watched him play in high school (myself not included) he is a rather lazy player but can turn it on when he wants. That doesn't work at UK.

And it has nothing to do with the players or how the team is playing. I am embarassed to be a fan because UK Fans (at least alot of them) are embarassing. It almost takes the fun out of going to Rupp for a game, and I think it has gotten much worse this season as compared to seasons in the past.

 

UK fans yell at Porter, Galloway, Miller and others to shoot during the games, instead of run an offense. They want them to take every halfway-open look that they have. And I am not just talking about a few people, almost the whole arena is yelling, making it loud enough that you would think the shot clock is running low. Our players have TONS of pressure on them already and some of the players that I have named seem to lack confidence in their shot. So why put more pressure on them by yelling when they are doing what the coach says?

 

People yelling at our players makes me really angry. Booing when they walk off the court at Halftime (in the Miss St. Game) in just crazy. Booing and Cussing at Michael Porter and other players (I think Porter takes the brunt of it) is just uncalled for. They are kids and trying to do their best and the coach obviously has them in for a reason. You yelling does nothing but make the players lose confidence in themselves and their ability. It doesn't make things better at all and it sure doesn't change anything.

 

So for all of you fans out there who want to be negative and cause trouble, keep your mouth shut. You should cheer for anyone wearing "KENTUCKY" across their chest, even if they are playing bad or aren't as talented as you think they should be. But I can tell you one thing, they are much better than you are and you have no right to cuss them out or boo them because they missed a shot or turned the ball over. Try having 24,000 people yelling at you while you do your job and see if you are perfect!!!:madman:

 

:thumb:So true... Its amazing, I had excellent seats last night in the front row, and the people surrounding me were the most ignorant basketball fans I've ever been around. I grew up hating Kentucky because I thought they're fans were completely ignorant in regards to actual basketball concepts. Now I go to school here, so I like the team, but the fans continue to disgust me. It was amazing how not a single one had any basketball knowlegde whatsoever but would just scream at the players with them being 15 feet away. Yelling obscenities and degrading them for not shooting is ridiculous. I understand when they're playing for UK, it comes with the territory, but come on, you're supposed to be fans of them. Darius played an EXCELLENT first half last night, but with the way the fans around me acted, you wouldn't know it...They treated Darius and Porter awfully...

 

 

I know not all of them are like that, but it sure as heck is more than 18%...

I can't believe this is the first time you've been embarassed.

 

 

This actually made me laugh out loud! :clap:

Its been quite a while, isn't this "normal"?
Coming from the IU fan. Classic!

:lol: :lol:

And it has nothing to do with the players or how the team is playing. I am embarassed to be a fan because UK Fans (at least alot of them) are embarassing. It almost takes the fun out of going to Rupp for a game, and I think it has gotten much worse this season as compared to seasons in the past.

 

UK fans yell at Porter, Galloway, Miller and others to shoot during the games, instead of run an offense. They want them to take every halfway-open look that they have. And I am not just talking about a few people, almost the whole arena is yelling, making it loud enough that you would think the shot clock is running low. Our players have TONS of pressure on them already and some of the players that I have named seem to lack confidence in their shot. So why put more pressure on them by yelling when they are doing what the coach says?

 

People yelling at our players makes me really angry. Booing when they walk off the court at Halftime (in the Miss St. Game) in just crazy. Booing and Cussing at Michael Porter and other players (I think Porter takes the brunt of it) is just uncalled for. They are kids and trying to do their best and the coach obviously has them in for a reason. You yelling does nothing but make the players lose confidence in themselves and their ability. It doesn't make things better at all and it sure doesn't change anything.

 

So for all of you fans out there who want to be negative and cause trouble, keep your mouth shut. You should cheer for anyone wearing "KENTUCKY" across their chest, even if they are playing bad or aren't as talented as you think they should be. But I can tell you one thing, they are much better than you are and you have no right to cuss them out or boo them because they missed a shot or turned the ball over. Try having 24,000 people yelling at you while you do your job and see if you are perfect!!!:madman:

 

AMEN! I agree with most of what you said. The fact is, most Kentucky fans think they can be a better coach than the actual UK coach. And, I hate to admit it, most of them have no clue what they are talking. LET BILLY COACH, you just cheer.

:thumb:So true... Its amazing, I had excellent seats last night in the front row, and the people surrounding me were the most ignorant basketball fans I've ever been around. I grew up hating Kentucky because I thought they're fans were completely ignorant in regards to actual basketball concepts. Now I go to school here, so I like the team, but the fans continue to disgust me. It was amazing how not a single one had any basketball knowlegde whatsoever but would just scream at the players with them being 15 feet away. Yelling obscenities and degrading them for not shooting is ridiculous. I understand when they're playing for UK, it comes with the territory, but come on, you're supposed to be fans of them. Darius played an EXCELLENT first half last night, but with the way the fans around me acted, you wouldn't know it...They treated Darius and Porter awfully...

 

 

I know not all of them are like that, but it sure as heck is more than 18%...

 

I agree. Most people think they know basketball, but they don't. Believe it or not, the first open shot you get you do not automatically take it, and most UK fans think you should. Work it, make the defense work, and that shot will be there 20 seconds later if necessary.

I hate watching UK lose. But I will never boo my team. They need to pull together as a team. Things will be ok. If the fans keep this up,we will never climb back to the top, nobody will come here to play.

I dont see Kentucky ever going back to the way it used to be. Especially since they have a coach such as gllispie and to be honest Tubby was tearing the program down year by year. The only reason tubby won a national title back in 98, was beacause he was coachings Pitinos boys. I think the schools program is just going down. :isurrender:

No. Wasn't it just 4 or 5 years ago that UK was had a #1 ranking? Granted no championship, but they were good.

 

Longest Final Four drought in school history.

I can't believe this is the first time you've been embarassed.

 

Exactly what I was thinking.

And it has nothing to do with the players or how the team is playing. I am embarassed to be a fan because UK Fans (at least alot of them) are embarassing. It almost takes the fun out of going to Rupp for a game, and I think it has gotten much worse this season as compared to seasons in the past.

 

UK fans yell at Porter, Galloway, Miller and others to shoot during the games, instead of run an offense. They want them to take every halfway-open look that they have. And I am not just talking about a few people, almost the whole arena is yelling, making it loud enough that you would think the shot clock is running low. Our players have TONS of pressure on them already and some of the players that I have named seem to lack confidence in their shot. So why put more pressure on them by yelling when they are doing what the coach says?

 

People yelling at our players makes me really angry. Booing when they walk off the court at Halftime (in the Miss St. Game) in just crazy. Booing and Cussing at Michael Porter and other players (I think Porter takes the brunt of it) is just uncalled for. They are kids and trying to do their best and the coach obviously has them in for a reason. You yelling does nothing but make the players lose confidence in themselves and their ability. It doesn't make things better at all and it sure doesn't change anything.

 

So for all of you fans out there who want to be negative and cause trouble, keep your mouth shut. You should cheer for anyone wearing "KENTUCKY" across their chest, even if they are playing bad or aren't as talented as you think they should be. But I can tell you one thing, they are much better than you are and you have no right to cuss them out or boo them because they missed a shot or turned the ball over. Try having 24,000 people yelling at you while you do your job and see if you are perfect!!!:madman:

 

If you're just now embarressed to be a UK fan, then you're in good shape. I've been that way for the past 4 seasons. Maybe 3, I'm not good at math.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.