Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules Question?

Featured Replies

Is it legal for an underclassman to start both the j.v. and the varsity game? I saw it happen recently in a game and I just wondered if there were some kind of rule to prevent this from happening or if there isn't should there be?

Is it legal for an underclassman to start both the j.v. and the varsity game? I saw it happen recently in a game and I just wondered if there were some kind of rule to prevent this from happening or if there isn't should there be?

 

 

Not sure on the rule, but I would think if a kid is starting Varsity, he shouldn't even be dressing JV. JMO:idunno:

I'm pretty sure it isn't illegal as I have seen teams do it as well, but I don't quite understand it.

Is it legal for an underclassman to start both the j.v. and the varsity game? I saw it happen recently in a game and I just wondered if there were some kind of rule to prevent this from happening or if there isn't should there be?

 

There is no such rule, nor should there be.

Nothing that says this is illegal, should be left up to the coaches to decide, there may be a good reason for it to happen.

My understanding is that it is legal, but that there is some kind of limit of total number of games that can be played (frosh, JV and varsity).

My understanding is that it is legal, but that there is some kind of limit of total number of games that can be played (frosh, JV and varsity).

 

I don't believe games played is a problem either, if so who monitors that??

My understanding is that it is legal, but that there is some kind of limit of total number of games that can be played (frosh, JV and varsity).

 

Thats just in Ohio as far as a limit.

Thats just in Ohio as far as a limit.

 

Ohio has some strange rules.

Didn't there used to be a limit to number of quarters played. For instance, you could play the whole game of JV, but could only play 2 quarters of varsity. This would have been late 80's, early 90's????

I thought if you started Varsity, you could not even play JV, but I could be wrong.

There is no rule against an underclassman starting JV and then starting Varsity. There is also no rule concerning number of quarters played on any given night, season or career.

So could someone start Freshman, JV, and Varsity on the same night?

So could someone start Freshman, JV, and Varsity on the same night?

 

Yes. A middle schooler could start all three on the same night.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.