Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Officials

Featured Replies

Coldiron has regressed the past two years. That is why he did not go to the state tourney last year. He is still in the top 3, but is not as good as he was last year. Twice this year I have seen a short, somewhat heavy man officiating varsity ball. He looks older, kind of like a mafia guy. I think his name is Marlo or Moe. I haven't seen him the previous three years I've been in this region. Does anyone kow who this guy is and if he's been around awhile?

Watkins is a good ref. He does tend to glare at players after he calls a foul on them though.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing Big Slick. In fact I know He graduated from Rowan Co. in the Mid 90's:sssh:

 

Wife maybe has a connection? I don't know, just guessing.

Hiltons getting no love on here...Hes the only ref in the region that makes consistent accurate calls on both teams.

 

AMEN!!! I showed him love he is a great ref:clap:

Why is that? I thought he graduated from Rowan County.

 

The reason is he lives in Shelby Co. or so that is what I have been told.

The reason is he lives in Shelby Co. or so that is what I have been told.

 

A lot of people live in cities/counties with lots of schols they have no ties with and officiate for those schools. I don't see a problem unless he just asks not to ref those games.

I'll throw in Mark Howell.

With Coldiron and Sandlin this is the best crew in the 8th bar none.

With Coldiron and Sandlin this is the best crew in the 8th bar none.

 

Without a doubt!!!:thumb:

Sorry Preachit he didnt go last year because he worked the FIVE previous State Tourneys, including two finals in 05,06. The Khsaa likes to pass that honor around inside each region when possible. He has lost it in one year? Sounds like someones team got beat and we are a little upset about it!!!:ohbrother:

In watching these guys a few games the past few years, There are four guys that IMO are consistant and do a fine job.

 

Coldiron, Knollman, Howell, And Sandlin:thumb:

In watching these guys a few games the past few years, There are four guys that IMO are consistant and do a fine job.

 

Coldiron, Knollman, Howell, And Sandlin:thumb:

 

I totally agree, can't wait to watch these guys in the tournament!!! :banana:

While covering games throughout the 8th Region, I see a lot of different officials. Just a few coments regarding one 8th Region ref:

 

Watkins - I like Watkins. I've seen him referee a lot of games over the past umpteen years, and he calls a pretty fair game. I know him personally, and he's pretty knowledgeable about the rules and really seems to bring complete impartiality to the floor. The "glare" is famous (or infamous, if you're the one committing the foul) throughout the region...

 

Unfortunately, we do have some refs who shouldn't be doing varsity games. (as do all regions) Saw one the other night where the ref was so overweight he couldn't keep up with the uptempo game being played. Sorry...I'm not picking on overweight people (I could afford to lose a few pounds myself)...but if you can't physically keep up, this isn't a job you should be doing.

Why is that? I thought he graduated from Rowan County.

 

Terry lives in Shelby County...therefore he cannot call a game the Shelby County plays, the only reason he did not call the Region finals last year...

If Terry Coldiron is one of the best officials in the 8th Region, they need help! Watch him do the WV - Madison Central game last night horrible to say the least.

Thanks for bringing that one up again

 

That's what i was thinking!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.