Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 55 Ryle 41

Featured Replies

Pittman ALWAYS talks in games, but at the same time he backs it up and always shows respect toward his opponent. He fouled a player last night, laughed and then gave them a smack on the butt as the kid walked to the foul line.

 

Apparently Stauffer started getting frustrated and took cheap shots at both Pittman and JJ. JJ is one of the most quiet kids on the court. Anytime Stauffer would get the ball down low, he'd lower his shoulder and lunge in to Pittman, only to have him not move anywhere because he was honestly too big and strong. Then when any player ran his way he was throwing elbows at them to push them out of his way. That's what caused the stoppage in play.

Not sure about the second part of this commit "Pittman ALWAYS talks in games, but at the same time he backs it up and always shows respect toward his opponent." I saw him after the game when the teams were shaking hands still taunting Stauffer.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The era of trash talking that started in the pros and filltered down to high school is quite frankly sickening. Not what sports is all about. Fortunately, most h.s. players don't trash talk and do respect the game and each other.

Not sure about the second part of this commit "Pittman ALWAYS talks in games, but at the same time he backs it up and always shows respect toward his opponent." I saw him after the game when the teams were shaking hands still taunting Stauffer.

 

Not sure what you saw. I was standing right behind the benches as the teams were shaking hands and Pittman didn't say anything until Stauffer didn't shake his hand after the game. Pittman turned around and looked at him and made a comment and that was it.

There's been trash talking as far as I can remember---mid 70's when I played in mid-school. :idunno:

I don't think you can "talk" to your opponent throughout a game and show respect.

 

Why not?

 

Talk is just that, talk. It means nothing, once the game is over the talk is also over.

 

If a person can't take it then the talking has done exactly what it was meant to due during the game.

Pittman needs to focus on improving as a player and helping his team, not talking trash to his opponent.

Pittman needs to focus on improving as a player and helping his team, not talking trash to his opponent.

 

Just because you are "talking" doesn't mean you are talking trash. There is a huge difference.

Pittman needs to focus on improving as a player and helping his team, not talking trash to his opponent.

 

He's leading the team right now in ppg, rpg, and blocks per game...I'd say he's helping his team just fine.

 

Just because you are "talking" doesn't mean you are talking trash. There is a huge difference.

 

:thumb:

He's leading the team right now in ppg, rpg, and blocks per game...I'd say he's helping his team just fine.

 

 

 

:thumb:

 

Agreed :thumb:

 

I like the talk honestly, I think not only does it frustrate the other players, it puts him in a position to where he feels he has to play to a certain level. I think it is motivation for him.

Agreed :thumb:

 

I like the talk honestly, I think not only does it frustrate the other players, it puts him in a position to where he feels he has to play to a certain level. I think it is motivation for him.

 

I agree. Pittman plays with a swagger that I really like.

 

Honestly he's not even talking trash most of the time. Pittman just likes talking during games in general. :lol:

 

Against Ryle he was talking to a player who then got the ball and drew a foul on Pittman. Pittman laughed a little, said "nice move" and smacked him on the butt as he headed to the foul line.

 

Like the talking or not, the kid is fun to watch play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.