Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 61 Alabama 51

Featured Replies

The number that always ends up being important is the RPI and the Cats are up to #48 today :thumb:

  • Replies 79
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you Big Blue folks ought start something on "Does the Cats get Ranked?"

 

In football this would matter....here you have a playoff and rankings are useless.

 

I heard some Tubby/Bama rumurs. The man can coach and I'd love to see it. If Coach Mark wasn't a Bama Boy he would have been gone a long time ago.

 

Thought it was interesting that C.M. Newton lives in Tuscaloosa.

 

Now back to the rankings. :jump:

The number that always ends up being important is the RPI and the Cats are up to #48 today :thumb:

What helped that was that Auburn has jumped into the top 100, and Kansas State returned to it. Both UT and WVU are holding steady in the top 20, which UK will certainly want to remain the case.

 

UK's next 5 games are against RPI top 100 teams, so if they keep winning, they will steadily increase. Only one of those would be a true significant win to get, that being over Florida, but every little bit will help. Their SOS will continue increasing regardless, but will probably not end up being all that high still.

 

It would also be nice if that ugly little blight VMI would get above 100.

A lot of people seem to want to harp on the SEC being weak. I know Georgia is not very good, but, for the most part, it is young this year. However, that is not Kentucky's fault. They are playing their 16 Conference Games, like they always do, and played traditional rivals North Carolina, Indiana, and Louisville. Plus, add in the fact that they played ranked Miami, West Virginia, and Kansas St. from BCS Conferences plus a good Mid-Major in VMI, they are 16-4 and are playing pretty well. IMHO, they wouldn't lose to VMI right now. Kentucky is playing in the SEC right now and so far so good. I guess relatively speaking, the SEC is down, but, correct me if I am wrong, aren't they still ranked as the number 5 Conference in the country? The Wildcats need to just keep winning and everything will take care of itself.

There is a case to be made for UK being in the top 25, and there's also a case against it. While I'd like to see us ranked, I'm not so sure we would be able to handle that kind of "prosperity" (which is a shame...that we're begging to be ranked in the first place).

 

We really haven't beaten anyone to date. I suppose most would say West Va. & Tennessee are our biggest wins. From what I've seen, Auburn has been the best SEC team we've beaten. They're experienced and can spread you out. They just lack interior play. I'd rather play Tennessee on their home floor than Auburn on theirs.

 

Cats are playing well, but it's been against weaker competition. And I'm not so sure we're better than Florida. They put an absolute spanking on Vandy this weekend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.