Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ronald Steele Has Given Up Basketball

Featured Replies

Per ESPN...

 

Steele will forego the rest of his senior season due to a foot problem.

Just saw that... What a shame.

  • Author

That really is a shame. That might be the nail in the coffin on Alabama's season. Steele was a great player when healthy.

I honestly think Gottfried ruined him two years ago when he allowed him to play on that bum knee of his....then came surgery...a year off and now this.

Great talent lost to injury and I think some of it could have been avoided.

Finally, after 10 seasons at Bama.

"What could have been" with that guy...

I feel really bad for the kid, was a great player before all the injuries.

I honestly think Gottfried ruined him two years ago when he allowed him to play on that bum knee of his....then came surgery...a year off and now this.

Great talent lost to injury and I think some of it could have been avoided.

 

Reminds me of Derrick Jasper's situation.

 

Hate to see this happen. I always liked Steele.

I feel bad for Steele, that kid had unlimited potential and talent. I tend to agree with letabrotherspeak in that Gottfried had a hand in ruining him.

Of course, imo the real question at Bama (and has been for years) is how does Gottfried keep his job? He can definately recruit, Bama has been loaded with talent through the years but he has greatly underachieved considering some of the teams/talent he has had with Bama. JMO

I feel bad for Steele, that kid had unlimited potential and talent. I tend to agree with letabrotherspeak in that Gottfried had a hand in ruining him.

Of course, imo the real question at Bama (and has been for years) is how does Gottfried keep his job? He can definately recruit, Bama has been loaded with talent through the years but he has greatly underachieved considering some of the teams/talent he has had with Bama. JMO

 

Sounds like another coach I knew at one time, a bit more north than Alabama. :sssh:.

Finally, after 10 seasons at Bama.

 

:thumb:

Sounds like another coach I knew at one time, a bit more north than Alabama. :sssh:.

 

:deadhorse:

Gotta feel bad for the kid, he had lottery written all over him early in his career at Bama.

I honestly think Gottfried ruined him two years ago when he allowed him to play on that bum knee of his....then came surgery...a year off and now this.

Great talent lost to injury and I think some of it could have been avoided.

 

 

So do you feel the same way about Gillispie and Jasper?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.