Pete Rose

Qryche11

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put him in the HOF as a player. The betting was a decision he made as a manager. His-on field accomplishments have nothing to do with his off- field choices.

Didn't Pete have gambling issues as a player as well? Did anyone find out if he bet on games while playing?

He was a great player but like a Greek Tragic Figure, he was his own undoing. Like Shoeless Joe and company, Pete will probably have to peer in through the window at the Hall.

Didn't Pete have gambling issues as a player as well? Did anyone find out if he bet on games while playing?

He was a great player but like a Greek Tragic Figure, he was his own undoing. Like Shoeless Joe and company, Pete will probably have to peer in through the window at the Hall.

His ego prefers to sit up at a table couple of 100 yards down from the HOF and have people pay him to sign autographs.

As much as Peter Edward was a role model in how to play the game, he has been that much of an embarrassment afterwards.

Which steroids users are getting in?

There has been a pretty strong movement against them...

I think a good question is which steroid users are already in?

You can't differentiate who is good and who is bad. I think they all deserve to be in.

You can't differentiate who is good and who is bad. I think they all deserve to be in.

But isn't that the very nature of electing someone to the HOF? Choosing who deserves and who does not? Bert Byleven should arguably be in but he is not. Jim Rice had to wait awhile. Tony Larussa is saying Mark McGwire deserves to be in.

I have no idea which HOF players used steroids. But I don't think you'll see many who are suspected steroid users voted in from here on out...

I think that you can - and should - differentiate between who is good and who is bad. The Hall of Fame is the sport's greatest honor. It is intended to be an elite club.

The pic is one of my favorites of Rose.

As for the HOF, yes I belive that he belongs, should they not ever let him in then imo they should be taking a few current members out. Maybe a little somethibng aboutm pot meet kettle and double standards (Ty Cobb, even Babe Ruth to mention just a couple had ther moments):sssh:

Yes, he broke rules - then put an asterik by his plaque or something if they neeed to but do not keep the man who has more base hits than anyone to ever play the game out of the Hall. The way that Pete Rose played the game is imo the definition of how it should be played.

The pic is one of my favorites of Rose.

As for the HOF, yes I belive that he belongs, should they not ever let him in then imo they should be taking a few current members out. Maybe a little somethibng aboutm pot meet kettle and double standards (Ty Cobb, even Babe Ruth to mention just a couple had ther moments):sssh:

Yes, he broke rules - then put an asterik by his plaque or something if they neeed to but do not keep the man who has more base hits than anyone to ever play the game out of the Hall. The way that Pete Rose played the game is imo the definition of how it should be played.

The record for all time hits is in the HOF, as I understand it, with the recognition that honors deserve.

The person who has kept Peter Edward Rose out of the HOF is Peter Edward Rose. He knew the rules, he knew the consequences and he chose to not abide by them.