Holmes 63 Harrison County 42

They played very good defense today. I'd say Eli probably had atleast 5 blocks and even Riley had 3 or 4.

BTW, Arnold played VERY WELL again today. Finished in double figures again with a few nice outside shots and jumpers where he took his defender off the dribble.

I know he has been working hard on his jumper and ball handling. When he doesn't turn his back to the defense he is a matchup probelm. I spoke with him last week, and he is really starting to buy into the system. I think going against the other player in practice is giving him a lot of confidence. His passing is over looked sometimes, but I guess you could say that about the whole team very unselfish bunch of kids.

Congratulations to Holmes and Coach Henly for another win to add to the vast list of victories for Holmes. Do you see Holmes winning state? Thoughts?

Honestly, If they keep playing like they are and stay focused, it's going to be tough for ANY team to beat them...it starts with preparation and hard work though..only time will tell..

Edited by Eta Rho

Eta--Congrads to the Bulldogs who keep on keeping on. I really think they will enter Rupp with one loss. A few more close games somewhere?? Probably but close being 6-7 points. Don't know much about Largo (other than they are real good) so that is the mystery game.

Anyone know what Holmes point avg per game? Or their highest point total. I've only seen about 7 games between last year and now. It seems they are too patient sometimes to attack the basket. Against Mason Co. in the state final Holmes seemed to slow put up shot attempts and I still see a little of that. It seemed like they should have had 60 point by half time against Harrison last night.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Box Score:

Harrison Co. (10-9) - Puckett 6 0 14, Custard 4 2 10, Case 4 0 8, Thomas 2 0 5, Martin 1 0 3, Reitz 1 0 2. Totals: 18 2 42.

Holmes (16-1) - Pittman 6 2 14, Housley 3 4 10, J. Johnson 5 0 10, Riley 3 2 9, D. Johnson 2 1 7, Arnold 2 0 5, Rice 2 0 4, R. Johnson 1 0 2, Mayfield 1 0 2. Totals: 25 9 63.

Harrison Co 6 7 10 19- 42

Holmes- 18 18 19 8- 63

3-pointers: H 4 (D. Johnson 2, Riley, Arnold); HC 4 (Puckett 2, Martin, Thomas).

Anyone know what Holmes point avg per game? Or their highest point total. I've only seen about 7 games between last year and now. It seems they are too patient sometimes to attack the basket. Against Mason Co. in the state final Holmes seemed to slow put up shot attempts and I still see a little of that. It seemed like they should have had 60 point by half time against Harrison last night.

Holmes is averaging 63 ppg and allowing 48 ppg. Alot of that has to do with Bryan Station scoring 86 on them in the first match up. Holmes has only given up 60 or more points twice this year. (Scott Co 65, Seneca 65)

As far as the game, Holmes could have easiley scored in the 80's last night and held Harrison under 30 points but Henley being the class act that he is subbed freely throughout and had his three best players (Pittman and Johnson Brothers) sitting with more than 3 minutes left in the third. Rico didn't play at all in the second half due to an injury. They also played the WHOLE 4th quarter with strictly JV players outside of Housely who played the first 2 mins of the 4th.

You won't see Holmes score in the 70's or 80's very often because they play tough defense which limits their opportunities that they get offensively because other teams have such long possessions.

I think Billy Custard is his farther and also one of the Harrison County coaches, but not 100 per cent sure.

Very good. Thanks for the feedback. Billy and Dennis were both very good basketball players - very different in style. Billy was a very smooth, good shooting guard. Dennis was a strong inside player and rebounder. I was guessing one of those two might be his father.