Bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment introduced.

NEXT

The best argument I can give for term limits is Robert Byrd in West Virginia. The good citizens of the mountain state just keep voting for him, no matter how bad he embarrasses them.

And just to be fair, the folks in South Carolina did the same thing with Strom Thurmond.

When we have politicians making politics their career rather than their duty and service who must get elected to stay on the gravy train, AND a majority of the electorate that has learned they can vote themselves kick backs by electing certain politicians... term limits become essential. If anything we need more of them.

Sad thing is, there are more weasels lining up to replace them on the gravy train.

When we have politicians making politics their career rather than their duty and service who must get elected to stay on the gravy train, AND a majority of the electorate that has learned they can vote themselves kick backs by electing certain politicians... term limits become essential. If anything we need more of them.

Sad thing is, there are more weasels lining up to replace them on the gravy train.

I agree with you Fastbreak. :thumb:

We don't agree on a lot, but I'm with you on this.

And just to clarify, this was the sixth time this piece of legislation has been introduced by the gentleman from New York, right? Term limits, anyone?

As much as I feel that the electoral college has saved this country once or twice, this should be removed as well as term limits.

If a good leader is in place, he should be allowed to stay and the voting public should elect leaders!

An admirable argument for personal responsibility, but would you, at some point down the road, be willing to stake the future of the American republic on the premise of teaching voters a lesson?

If the republic has imploded already because the governed have abdicated all personal responsibility, then the question of restraint of those doing the governing really is a moot point, isn't it old boy?

The best argument I can give for term limits is Robert Byrd in West Virginia. The good citizens of the mountain state just keep voting for him, no matter how bad he embarrasses them.

And just to be fair, the folks in South Carolina did the same thing with Strom Thurmond.

:thumb:

If the republic has imploded already because the governed have abdicated all personal responsibility, then the question of restraint of those doing the governing really is a moot point, isn't it old boy?

:ylsuper:

Abdicated through Apathy