Bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment introduced.

NEXT

I've always been against term-limits. We shouldn't have to have a law to protect voters from themselves.

I disagree. Society must be protected from itself. Term limits are a very easy, if not always effective, way to prevent autocracy and tyranny.

I disagree. Society must be protected from itself. Term limits are a very easy, if not always effective, way to prevent autocracy and tyranny.

With such little faith in the voting tendencies of society that necessitated a two-term limit law to protrct itself (in essense to minimize the damage), it doesn't really speak favorably about the choices made in the first two elections by this same "deficient" society, does it?

With such little faith in the voting tendencies of society that necessitated a two-term limit law to protrct itself (in essense to minimize the damage), it doesn't really speak favorably about the choices made in the first two elections by this same "deficient" society, does it?

^ I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't follow what you're trying to say.

Congressman Jose Serrano from the Bronx is the rocket scientist responsible for this fine piece of legislation. Another fine example of the intelligence of NY voters. I don't think this will pass, and hopefully it won't make it out of committee.

This is the 6th time (I think) he introduced this bill. In addition to needing 2/3rds of both houses of Congress, it would also need ratification from 3/4th of the states. He has no co-sponsors. No chance on this one.

This is the 6th time (I think) he introduced this bill. In addition to needing 2/3rds of both houses of Congress, it would also need ratification from 3/4th of the states. He has no co-sponsors. No chance on this one.

I agree, I don't see this one passing either.

The voters themselves possess the authority to enforce term limits. It is our own stupid fault if we don't use them when needed.

An admirable argument for personal responsibility, but would you, at some point down the road, be willing to stake the future of the American republic on the premise of teaching voters a lesson?

An admirable argument for personal responsibility, but would you, at some point down the road, be willing to stake the future of the American republic on the premise of teaching voters a lesson?
Sure, if I hope to be Dictator for Life, I'm going to need it.

On a serious note...I have faith that with all our faults we are a great country and our democracy wouldn't allow for such a thing. FDR, served four terms, I don't agree with a lot that he did, but we are all alive and kicking. But maybe I am too optimistic.