Walton Verona 62 Carroll County 34

Final. Walton Verona completely dominated Carroll County. They are getting hot at the right time going into the "All A". Ponzer led Walton with 18 points and 6 assists. Walton even out rebounded Carroll and played aggressive defensive. Good win for the Bearcats.

Isn't Carrol County an all "a" team and if so this is a very impressive win as I had read on here that the all "a" was wide open. I could see Walton coming out of the all "a" for the 8th region.

I think the 32nd district team WILL WIN the 8th this year!!

I think the 32nd district team WILL WIN the 8th this year!!

I think a district out of the 10th (Brossart) might have something to say about that. Additionally, I think a zero post offense is going to have a difficult time against a tough man 2 man!

I think a district out of the 10th (Brossart) might have something to say about that. Additionally, I think a zero post offense is going to have a difficult time against a tough man 2 man!
IMO, I believe they were saying that someone from the 32nd district would win the 8th Region All "A". Not that someone from the 8th Region would win the State All "A".

Also, WV is not playing a true "zero post offense" at this point. As their big man continues to develop, that inside presence will open up the outside jump shot and give them a more balanced scoring attack.

Even with their win over Carroll, the team to beat in the All "A" IMO, is the defending champion.

WV played well last night. It was enjoyable to watch a more up tempo, fast pace, pushing the ball up the floor game. WV did a good job of sharing the ball, attacking the basket, and not living off shots beyond the arch. They were also very aggressive on defense. Good job WV players and coach's.:ylsuper: