Is Elliott better as underdog or topdog

For Elliott to win the state championship they will need Knipp to play hard every game and not just games he feels like he has to. Other than that they need to shoot the 3 ball well and keep their composure even when they are not getting any calls.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Wonder how many spins can you come up with to start and Elliot County Thread? How about one to asking if Elliot County decorator socks actually help them play better or not?:D:D:D

I would say that if a player thinks it does then it probably does for him. :thumb:

Good point! But has the media and people put to much pressure on these kids to win it all. They are now under the microscope state wide and any thing less than a state tournament or great showing in Rupp is not satisfactory to most. I am very proud of these boys but they haven't made it to Rupp yet and have a lot of improvement is still needed to be state champions. It just seems to me that since they have achieved high success in recent months since the beach ball they haven't been the same team I have watched all these years. I could be the only one that sees it though; people do sometime tell me I am blind as a bat.

The only folks putting unrealistic expectations on this team are some of their over-the-top fans?? The media and most of the state (especially fellow small school fans) see them as a Hoosiers' type story, and are solidly behind hopefully seeing them defy the odds and cut down the nets on a certain Saturday in March.

What turns off many is the comparisons to the greatest players/teams of all time, and references such as "playing against NBA caliber defenses", "playing with or beating the best in the nation", "4 high D-1 players", etc. Come on guys, this a great, maybe once in a lifetime team for Elliott County; and the KIDS don't deserve the unrealistic expectations. Let's enjoy the ride and tone down the hyperbole!! Go win the "A" and then let's talk about the tourney in Rupp.

I am on this site every day and read just about every post on it and I have never saw where anyone said they had 4 HIGH D1 players. They said 4 D1's and I would say that is very possible. There are several different grades of D1. WE are enjoying the ride and kinda to the extreme being it will probably be our last time and being that everyone claims to understand that we are small and it probably wont ever happen again to begrudge us going a little overboard would.....well IMO would be considered a little jealous. The KID'S love the unrealistic expectations and believe in them theirselves. If they didn't they wouldn't gut it out "all game, every game". You have to believe in something or you will fall for anything. I have watched these boy's play every game they have played for 7 years now. They are the reason us fans believe they could possibly conquer the world so to speak. I have saw them down by 20 to big athletic teams many times and just keep on and keep on digging and fighting next thing you know they have took the lead and won the game. THE KIDS are the reason the ELLIOTT CO fans have unrealistic expectations. Nothing wouldn't surprise me out of them. If they played MoreHead State tomorrow night I wouldn't count them out untill the buzzer went off. Do they believe that also.....Yes!!!!!!!!!! Unrealistic...Maybe! They may get beat in first round of District, who knows, but for now.....they believe they can make it to finals of the KHSAA State Tourney and so do I!!!!!!!!!! I BELIEVE. GO ELLIOTT Oh! I forgot to add I am having a total blast on "THE RIDE" as Coach Griffith has labeled it and am really going to miss it when its over regardless of when it ends, this will be my last go around am I going to go a litlle overboard and exploit it....You better believe it!!!!!!!!!! This is Ferguson signing off...Yeeehaaw!!!!!!!!!!:banana::dancingpa:ylsuper:

Teams like Ballard, Mason Co., Lexington Catholic, and Male are top programs year in and year out. They graduate a talented group and then just re-load.

After these kids are gone for Elliott they don't just re-load. Are they excited about this team? Yes Can the rhetoric be a little overboard? Maybe

The highlight for Elliott County year in and year out (before this group came along) was to just make the regional tournament. Most Elliott fans are in uncharted water. They also realize they have this one shining moment and may never get it back again. This is our one time shot to make a run. We won't get the chance again so let's enjoy it while we have it. Teams like this don't come around every few years for them. Probably only once in a lifetime.

My encouragement--Be patient and understanding and let them enjoy their one shining moment.

Teams like Ballard, Mason Co., Lexington Catholic, and Male are top programs year in and year out. They graduate a talented group and then just re-load.

After these kids are gone for Elliott they don't just re-load. Are they excited about this team? Yes Can the rhetoric be a little overboard? Maybe

The highlight for Elliott County year in and year out (before this group came along) was to just make the regional tournament. Most Elliott fans are in uncharted water. They also realize they have this one shining moment and may never get it back again. This is our one time shot to make a run. We won't get the chance again so let's enjoy it while we have it. Teams like this don't come around every few years for them. Probably only once in a lifetime.

My encouragement--Be patient and understanding and let them enjoy their one shining moment.

I am on this site every day and read just about every post on it and I have never saw where anyone said they had 4 HIGH D1 players. They said 4 D1's and I would say that is very possible. There are several different grades of D1. WE are enjoying the ride and kinda to the extreme being it will probably be our last time and being that everyone claims to understand that we are small and it probably wont ever happen again to begrudge us going a little overboard would.....well IMO would be considered a little jealous. The KID'S love the unrealistic expectations and believe in them theirselves. If they didn't they wouldn't gut it out "all game, every game". You have to believe in something or you will fall for anything. I have watched these boy's play every game they have played for 7 years now. They are the reason us fans believe they could possibly conquer the world so to speak. I have saw them down by 20 to big athletic teams many times and just keep on and keep on digging and fighting next thing you know they have took the lead and won the game. THE KIDS are the reason the ELLIOTT CO fans have unrealistic expectations. Nothing wouldn't surprise me out of them. If they played MoreHead State tomorrow night I wouldn't count them out untill the buzzer went off. Do they believe that also.....Yes!!!!!!!!!! Unrealistic...Maybe! They may get beat in first round of District, who knows, but for now.....they believe they can make it to finals of the KHSAA State Tourney and so do I!!!!!!!!!! I BELIEVE. GO ELLIOTT Oh! I forgot to add I am having a total blast on "THE RIDE" as Coach Griffith has labeled it and am really going to miss it when its over regardless of when it ends, this will be my last go around am I going to go a litlle overboard and exploit it....You better believe it!!!!!!!!!! This is Ferguson signing off...Yeeehaaw!!!!!!!!!!:banana::dancingpa:ylsuper:

There are those who want to deny you your moment but for me...I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe I believe.......................................!

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

be⋅lieve

   /bɪˈliv/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bi-leev] Show IPA Pronunciation

verb, -lieved, -liev⋅ing.

–verb (used without object)

1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.

A genuine classic.:dancingpa

I, for one, enjoy seeing the Elliot County kids having success. Like you say, teams like this come once in a lifetime for a small school. So it was with the Gallatin County kids last season. My son played on that team, and I could not have been more proud of him, and his teammates. Since the season ended last March for them, I can hardly bring myself to watch high school basketball. I understand what you are saying in that you are enjoying the ride. Hang on to this moment for all you are worth.... when it is over the finality of it all really hits hard on you and the kids themselves.

Go Elliot County! Go!