2009 Danville

Ram

I was thinking about the whole "Titletown" thing the other day. I told someone right after the second time Boyle and D-ville both won that I didn't think people realized how amazing it actually was for the 3rd or 4th smallest county in the state, with only two high schools, to win 2 of the 4 state Championships in the same year. It truly was an amazing thing to happen 3 times in 5 years. So I sincerely hope that we can see it again in the near future.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I really feel good about this team...The last two seasons the Ads have had to many I players and not enough team players...The last two teams were soft...I have watched this group of kids come along the last four and five years...These Kids realize that just because they play for Danville you don't automatically get a ring...

This Team Starts with Coach Harp...He knows how to win...Seven State titles...Asst Coach Jerry Perry who will have the defense on track...

Will Dunn at QB...Will is a beast...This is one tuff kid that will not run east or west trying to avoid getting tackled...This Danville team is going back to it's roots of keeping the ball on the ground...

The O-line and D-line are going to have some good size and experience...

I can't wait to get this season started...If these guys work hard and stay focused the sky is the limit...The Talent and Coaching is there...:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Danville will always have my respect. As a Corbin fan, I have always loved the Corbin/Danville rivalry. These are two true 2A Icons. Although they haven't played in 8 or 9 years, I am excited to see them renew it this year. I live in Lexington now and went to watch the Danville/Boyle game last year. I could see the talent but as stated, something was lacking. It didn't appear to be that old Admiral Swagger. I hope that can be restored.

Speaking of which, how do the Ads stack up against the Redhounds this year?

Best of luck.

Danville will always have my respect. As a Corbin fan, I have always loved the Corbin/Danville rivalry. These are two true 2A Icons. Although they haven't played in 8 or 9 years, I am excited to see them renew it this year. I live in Lexington now and went to watch the Danville/Boyle game last year. I could see the talent but as stated, something was lacking. It didn't appear to be that old Admiral Swagger. I hope that can be restored.

Speaking of which, how do the Ads stack up against the Redhounds this year?

Best of luck.

The thing that was Lacking the past two seasons was Heart...Some of those Kids had bigger heads than heart...

Was it last year Corbin came to Danville in a three team Scrimage?

From what I remember about Corbin is they would run the ball down your throat and they loved to hit...If that's the same kind of football Corbin plays this year then it should be two teams that look alot alike except one will be wearing Red and One will be wearing Blue...:thumb:

Yes I do believe it was last season that Corbin was in the three team scrimmage. The third team escapes my mind. Wayne County maybe? The Cashen era was a great 4 years with him running the offense. It allowed Corbin to change it up and modernize the offense. However after he graduated on 2008, Corbin quickly went back to Redhound football. There is no smoke and mirrors with Corbin's offense. The Hounds will line up, tell you what they are doing and run it down your throat all while daring you to stop them.

I'll admit that Id like to see a little more passing be involved into an offense because honestly, a balanced attack is what wins championships more often than not. However, if you got the horses to go back to an old school style as Corbin does, more power to them. I absolutely cannot wait for this game. To some folks, 32 minutes of 3 yards and a cloud of dust may be boring but to me, I eat it up. Look forward to seeing you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that a low response to this thread is an accurate measure of the interest in Danville football. Every time I go by the practice field it is loaded with people watching practice. We'll see once the season starts.:walk: