2009 Danville

Ram

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Danville needs to be more consistent. Last year they relied too much on either the deep pass or ground and pound game of Antwoine Simon. The drives always seemed the same. They need to do more with their offense such as: set up the short passes for the long ball, screens, trick plays, just anything to keep that ball IN the endzone. They really do need to mix things up. Defensively, they need alot of work, keep the ball OUT of the endzone! I wish Danville the best of luck in 2009. :thumb:

I think they need to do what the young and old Will Dunn said and find their heart again. Anyone who lives in this area knows that year in and year out Danville has the talent to win state. When the boys out there on the field collectively decide to come together as a team and play "Danville football", then Danville will shine. I'll never forget the swagger and the heart that the Danville team that stopped the Boyle County win streak at 45-46? games played with. When Danville football regains that heart and swagger, then we will see the cream rise to the top. I guarantee that. The talent is there, plus they will have Pepe Brand and Jacody Taylor in the backfield and after reading what the young Will Dunn had to say at the end of the season, I believe Danville may also have a field leader that they have been lacking as well. I think the old Will Dunn is going to be "reborn" in the young Will Dunn. I expect great things from Danville in the next year and beyond. Great class of juniors with more talent coming up.

I think they need to do what the young and old Will Dunn said and find their heart again. Anyone who lives in this area knows that year in and year out Danville has the talent to win state. When the boys out there on the field collectively decide to come together as a team and play "Danville football", then Danville will shine. I'll never forget the swagger and the heart that the Danville team that stopped the Boyle County win streak at 45-46? games played with. When Danville football regains that heart and swagger, then we will see the cream rise to the top. I guarantee that. The talent is there, plus they will have Pepe Brand and Jacody Taylor in the backfield and after reading what the young Will Dunn had to say at the end of the season, I believe Danville may also have a field leader that they have been lacking as well. I think the old Will Dunn is going to be "reborn" in the young Will Dunn. I expect great things from Danville in the next year and beyond. Great class of juniors with more talent coming up.

Well put PurplePride! To make a long story short, Leadership and Heart. That's sortive what I was aiming at myself. I look for Danville to be somewhat successful in 2009. :thumb:

Even though I am not an "official" Danville fan, I expect Danville to be somewhat successful in 2009, just like the hardcore Danville fans used to be as well. I think the hardcore Danville fan has disappeared and that may be a reflection of what is put on the field. I remember when Danville fans would want to fight you if you talked about Danville in even the slightest negative tone. Now, they just agree with you. Danville, from the fans, to the boosters, to the players, to the coaches to some extent need to get their swagger back. Some how, some way, they do and I hope that they can and will.

I know some will disagree with me but consistency begins on the line of scrimmage, both sides of the line. Without steady line play a team will be spurty and look great at times and very average at other times. Not saying they are bad up front but they certainly did not look like the lines of old. Not there only problem this year but in my opinion you can't fix the rest of them until you fix this problem. Just my opinion.

What some people tend to forget is Danville was just in the state Championship game a few years back in 06...And should have won that game...

Danville has had two sub par seasons the last two years...

I will get back later this afternoon to address the Fans,Booters and Team...:thumb:

What some people tend to forget is Danville was just in the state Championship game a few years back in 06...And should have won that game...

Danville has had two sub par seasons the last two years...

I will get back later this afternoon to address the Fans,Booters and Team...:thumb:

I think Danville is a great program, one of the Elite programs. I was simply giving my opinion as to why they were not up to there old standards this year. That was the thread.

The difference I see in this years Admiral team over the last two is the Chemistry...I look for the Ads to get back to the basics and I think these guys are going to respond well...

As far as the fans go...I'm not worried about them...The only thing I can do is, keep supporting this team in every way that I can...:thumb:

I look for the Ads to have some trouble in the beginning of there schedule but to get better come District and playoff time...

We all know when it comes to fans, not only are you first class, but you are also loyal. When I spoke of fans, believe me when I say you aren't the fan(s) I had in mind. I know a lot of Danville fan(s) who used to follow the team regardless of where they played. I know fan(s) who gave their undying support to the football team. I know fan(s) who would stand in the rain with no raincoat to watch Danville play a team that had no chance. That fan(s) is disappearing at a rapid pace but I feel like that fan(s) is also ready to make a comeback in a major way. Lots of young talent is going to be on the field at the same time over the next 2-3 years.

As far as the boosters, I heard someone saying that "when they played football at Danville in the 80's" things were different and the boosters took excellent care of us. That's the only reason I mentioned boosters. I really don't know what they do over at Danville, but I know some people or person don't feel like the boosters are as spirited and thoughtful as they were in the 80's. These are all outsider observations.