Popeye's restaurant

All In

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, Popeyes, good barbecue joints, and chicken and waffle restaurants tend to be (there are exceptions) in "bad" neighborhoods (those with iron bars in the windows and doors) most of the time. A few months ago, a guy at work had a friend who was soliciting ideas for developing a corner of a busy intersection near my home and I suggested a Popeyes. I think they would do well in any neighborhood.

Popeye's in Florence is in the TA truck stop. It is good but not near as good as if you go to any of the locations in Cincinnati. The Popeye's on Reading road is the best. I am partial to the spicy strips and Mashed potatos with the cajun gravy.

In addition to the Red Robin going in, there is a City Barbeque going in the K-mart parking lot at the corner of Mall Road and 18. Very good pulled pork BBQ and terrific corn pudding.

Popeye's in Florence is in the TA truck stop. It is good but not near as good as if you go to any of the locations in Cincinnati. The Popeye's on Reading road is the best. I am partial to the spicy strips and Mashed potatos with the cajun gravy.

In addition to the Red Robin going in, there is a City Barbeque going in the K-mart parking lot at the corner of Mall Road and 18. Very good pulled pork BBQ and terrific corn pudding.

I need to learn my way around NKY better. I stopped at a Kroger's on my way back from eastern KY Sunday a bought a couple of rolls of goetta but I have not tried it yet. I love good barbecue and corn pudding, so I will make a point of finding City Barbeque.

I need to learn my way around NKY better. I stopped at a Kroger's on my way back from eastern KY Sunday a bought a couple of rolls of goetta but I have not tried it yet. I love good barbecue and corn pudding, so I will make a point of finding City Barbeque.

Get off at Mall Road and head north until it Deadends into 18 K-Mart is directly across the street. I beleive the grand opening date isn't until May though.

I Can't pass it up but it is a little pricey 1/2 pound sandwich 2 sides and the best sweet tea ever costs $11.04

Get off at Mall Road and head north until it Deadends into 18 K-Mart is directly across the street. I beleive the grand opening date isn't until May though.

I Can't pass it up but it is a little pricey 1/2 pound sandwich 2 sides and the best sweet tea ever costs $11.04

Thanks. The price is in line with Famous Dave's and Smokey Bones in this area. The pork roast that I just put on my ceramic grill was 98 cents/lb., although after it is cooked and trimmed, it will be closer to $1.75/lb.

Is that close to the Hooters, Ihop,etc.? Can't place it.

It's right off the Burlington/Rt. 18 Exit 181, across from the Korean restaurant that hardly anyone ever eats at.

Speaking of cajun/spicy chicken restaurants, anyone ever had any Bojangle's chicken? It's incredible, but is mostly down south. Took a baseball trip to Charleston, SC a few years back and pretty much ate Bojangle's for lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snack, etc... I wish like anything they had some up around here.

It's right off the Burlington/Rt. 18 Exit 181, across from the Korean restaurant that hardly anyone ever eats at.

Speaking of cajun/spicy chicken restaurants, anyone ever had any Bojangle's chicken? It's incredible, but is mostly down south. Took a baseball trip to Charleston, SC a few years back and pretty much ate Bojangle's for lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snack, etc... I wish like anything they had some up around here.

There used to be a Bojangles or two in Louisville. I wish they were still around.

So my wife and I aren't the only two that notice they hardly ever have cars in their lot. I wonder how they stay in business?