Holmes v Holy Cross Predictions (1/9)

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to add another reply. I have seen HC play 3-4 times. Personally I go to the games because my son who will be attending HC,(WOW, never thought I would ever say that! since I am a DIE HARD BULLDOG ""CLASS OF 81"". ) and I am definitely checking on the coaching. He will be a freshman next year. I think the Indians have a good team, just not athletic enough to play with Holmes. St. Henry and Conner the boys were a little flat, who wouldn't be with the schedule they had over the Hollidays. I will be attending tonite down by the Dawgs bench with my laptop. :flame: GO DAWGS!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say by mid second quarter HC's student section and fans will be very deflated. :sssh:;)

I don't think so man. They have some of the most spirited fans and one of the best student sections in the area.

I don't think so man. They have some of the most spirited fans and one of the best student sections in the area.

No denying that. At last year's game Holmes got up by around 25, but HC's students were still there in full force until the end.

Yeah this should be an interesting game with spirited fans on both sides until the last horn sounds.

Is HC expected to bring a pretty big crowd tonight? This game hasn't really had a big crowd in year's past when the game was played at Holmes.

How many times have you seen Holmes this year? I'm going to assume zero if you really think they'll get lazy on defense. If you take away the Bryan Station game, they are averaging giving up just 43 ppg and held Ballard and Tates Creek to 42 and 45 points.

I did see them play against Henderson Co. who attempted to slow the game down, but were not used to playing that style. HC is used to playing the style and could pull off the upset.

Yes they will fill the gym with 4th, 5th and 6th graders running all over the place!!! That's the reason you can never get into the gym in Latonia to see a varsity game. That is the highlight of the week for the "Real" underclassmen at HC.

Yes they will fill the gym with 4th, 5th and 6th graders running all over the place!!! That's the reason you can never get into the gym in Latonia to see a varsity game. That is the highlight of the week for the "Real" underclassmen at HC.

Get there earlier. It only holds 800.

You've just completely backed up exactly what I've been saying. When you can't compete offensively you take another path. Kudos to the coach for realizing his team's limitations.

However, if you think Holmes is going to let you dictate tempo, you're mistaken. HC is in trouble.

OK, but my point was that I don't think that doesn't mean they can't compete offensively I think that shows they have a pretty good offensive gameplan. IMO