Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 25

Featured Replies

Strongest this year by a mile. The strongest ever was the Big East in 1991 and it will likely never be equaled...

 

Another point I would take the ACC's top 5 straight up right now against the Big East. You pick 5 teams right now from the Big East. I'll pick 5 from the ACC and we'll make a friendly wager on who will have more elite 8 teams and more final 4 teams. Also I'll take 3 from the conference and make a "friendly wager" for a lot that I have a better chance at the title. The thing is we have to pick our 5 teams now. What I'm getting at is its not that much stronger than the ACC. Stronger? Yes. By far? Not in my opinion.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see the Big East split up a bit. Some of the best teams in the country are in this conference, and some of them are going to have a hard time playing in March because they're going to beat up on each other.

They lost yesterday. First real team they played in a month and they lost. No reason to get a vote after a loss.

 

They gave "The Final Four" Cards team everything they wanted.

  • Author
Another point I would take the ACC's top 5 straight up right now against the Big East. You pick 5 teams right now from the Big East. I'll pick 5 from the ACC and we'll make a friendly wager on who will have more elite 8 teams and more final 4 teams. Also I'll take 3 from the conference and make a "friendly wager" for a lot that I have a better chance at the title. The thing is we have to pick our 5 teams now. What I'm getting at is its not that much stronger than the ACC. Stronger? Yes. By far? Not in my opinion.

 

Pitt, UConn, Georgetown, Louisville. Picking #5 is like drawing a name out of a hat between Cuse, ND, Nova, Marquette and WVU.

 

I really like the top 3 of the ACC. Wake is a very real FF sleeper. After that I'm not impressed at all...

Pitt, UConn, Georgetown, Louisville. Picking #5 is like drawing a name out of a hat between Cuse, ND, Nova, Marquette and WVU.

 

I really like the top 3 of the ACC. Wake is a very real FF sleeper. After that I'm not impressed at all...

 

You would take UL over ND and Cuse?

  • Author
You would take UL over ND and Cuse?

 

I don't have faith in ND because most of their rise to prominence has been accomplished at home. When looking to tournament success, that worries me. Really like their roster in their system. Show me more on the road in the next few weeks and they are easily the 5th team.

 

I'm a huge Flynn fan. Been talking about him on here since his AAU days. Onuaku is a beast and they do have a nice team. When looking to March I'd have them 7th or 8th right now...

Pitt, UConn, Georgetown, Louisville. Picking #5 is like drawing a name out of a hat between Cuse, ND, Nova, Marquette and WVU.

 

I really like the top 3 of the ACC. Wake is a very real FF sleeper. After that I'm not impressed at all...

 

That's my point I think Louisville isn't good so to me your left w/ 3. The ACC's 3 are better IMO and I don't think Duke is that great.

  • Author
That's my point I think Louisville isn't good so to me your left w/ 3. The ACC's 3 are better IMO and I don't think Duke is that great.

I think UL will be very good by March. So we are still playing 4 on 3 with me having 5 to pick from in the final spot that all have talent, experience and depth...

Big East > ACC.

I think UL will be very good by March. So we are still playing 4 on 3 with me having 5 to pick from in the final spot that all have talent, experience and depth...

 

I've never said the conference isn't better. I'm saying pick your five now, I'll take the ACC five now and see who has more FF teams. I've never said a word about the depth. The top 8-10 teams in that conference are really good and will have battle after battle, but is the top as good as we thought? I say no, and it's b/c they have been dissapointing before conference play.

All three won at least one tournament game last year and all lost pretty much nothing from their roster. I can see doubting Marquette with the loss of Crean...

 

Why doubt b/c the loss of Crean? The guy made one tourney run w/ arguably the best player in the NBA. Maybe they go deeper this year b/c he is gone?

They gave "The Final Four" Cards team everything they wanted.

 

It was still a "loss" right?

 

WKU, and UNLV also took out "The Final Four" Cards. It is not the UofL team many hoped and thought they were. In fact, they aren't really good. But hold your hat on almost beating UofL. :thumb:

Strongest this year by a mile. The strongest ever was the Big East in 1991 and it will likely never be equaled...

 

1991? Really?

 

The Big East got 7 teams in the tournament:

 

2nd seeded Syracuse lost in the first round to 15 seeded Richmond

3rd seeded Seton Hall (Elite Eight)

4th seeded St. John's (Elite Eight)

6th seeded Pitt (2nd round)

9th seeded Rutgers (1st round)

9th seeded 'Nova (2nd round)

11th seeded UConn (Sweet 16)

 

The ACC got 7 teams in the tournament:

 

1st seeded UNC (Final Four)

2nd seeded Duke (CHAMPIONS)

5th seeded Wake Forest (2nd round)

6th seeded FSU (2nd round)

6th seeded NC State (2nd round)

7th seeded Virgina (1st round)

8th seeded Georgia Tech (2nd round)

 

 

Hardly supports your argument, actually it makes for a better argument that the ACC with only 9 teams was a better conference....

GT,

 

If you meant the 1991-1992 season let's look at it:

 

The Big East got 5 teams in, one Sweet 16, nothing else.

 

4th seeded Seton Hall (Sweet 16)

6th seeded Syracuse (2nd)

6th seeded Georgetown (2nd)

7th seeded St. John's (1st)

9th seeded UConn (2nd)

 

The ACC got 5 teams in, with the Champions, and 3 more Sweet 16's

 

1st seeded Duke (Champions)

3rd seeded FSU (Sweet 16)

4th seeded UNC (Sweet 16)

7th seeded Georgia Tech (Sweet 16)

9th seeded Wake Forest (1st)

 

Clearly, the ACC was the best conference these two seasons.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.